Diarrhea

ktmamarn

I'm on Day 10 of my second round and today experienced loose diarrhea, whereas I've been a little bit constipated the prior 9 days.  

I ate an egg omelet today with sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onions.  All of this was sautéed with ghee.  I also had snap peas (only new food today) and my typical bulletproof coffee (coconut oil, coconut milk and more ghee).  

I have a known dairy intolerance and I'm wondering if I have a problem with ghee and should remove it?  Or if it's par for the course at this point in my Whole30? 

• Administrators

People who are extremely sensitive to even the tiniest amount of dairy would do well to turn away from ghee. Depends on just how sensitive you are.

I would venture a guess that loose stool after a few days of constipation is maybe your body adjusting and getting into a rhythm. Note that there is actually a difference between loose stools and diarrhea. Diarrhea is a frequent releasing of waste in liquid form. Loose stools are just.......loose. I'd probably say not to worry about it unless you continue to experience this.

My other suggestion would be that the ghee + coconut oil + coconut milk + more ghee is probably pretty fat heavy and that could account for the looseness. Coconut products can have a laxative effect.

Archived