Is everyone eating all of the olives and nuts and coconut flakes?

Are you trying to do all of them at every meal? That would take some keeping up.  It's at least one of those fat sources, not necessarily all at the same time.  (Of course it's fine to combine them.  The template can, in my opinion, easily be read as include all of these fats, not one-to-some of these fats.)  Although nuts are OK on the program, they can be gut disruptive for some people and aren't considered optimal.  The general recommendation is something like a closed handful every other day for nuts.

My meals 2 and 3 generally follow the template.  Added fats are usually avocado or olives or olive oil.  (Depends on what goes with the meal.)

My meal 1 is lacking in veggies about half the time (If past self planned out and saved some roasted veggies, I'll include those, but if not I don't fuss about it).  I usually add some avocado or some chili oil to top my eggs.

As slc_melissa said above, the fat portion of the meal should be one of the options not all. :) I've been using avocado with almost every meal these past 2 weeks as it's in season right now in the caribbean and will soon be gone so I'm grabbing it while I can. On the rare days that I don't have avocado, I try to do a small raw salad on the side (tomatoes and cucumbers for example) and I drizzle some olive oil on it to get in my fat. The nuts, olives, coconut flakes count as your fat portion btw. Not to be eaten extra to the fat portion on your portion. Figuring out my fats was the hardest part of my Whole30. 

Archived