What other than crossfit??

GFgirl

Check out Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program. It focuses on the four main lifts (military press, deadlift, bench, and squat) and you can make it as simple or involved as you'd like with the assistance exercises. I lift four days a week and try to do tabata sprints twice a week. I hate cardio and really only engage in walking or sprinting, nothing in between.

I'm going to say kettlebells, kettlebells, kettlebells! You can check out free videos and resources here.

Honestly, find something that inspires you and that you enjoy. Exercising should be something you look forward to!

I totally agree with finding something you love. I am a crazy hot yogi, love yoga, think everyone should do yoga blahblahblah. It can be modified for any level or injury and it is completely full body strength and cardio. I always look forward to go to yoga even the insane classes.

I also think that all women should be lifting heavy things be that in CrossFit or just lifting at the gym/at home. If you don't have weights there are tons of great body weight exercises.

I also am a very avid swimmer a hold over from my childhood/teenage years. I don't even consider swimming "working out" I love it that much.

Some people are bikers some are runners, I can't run a half mile to save my hide but I can do 2 hours of hot "power" yoga or swim for 10k no prob. Find what you love and don't try to cram yourself into someone else's routine.

I do 4 days of strength training (with a trainer) which can include anything from free weights to kettlebells to TRX etc (usually done in a superset) and then about 20 min of interval running after that :) On the weekend my husband and I are usually skiing, hiking, swimming or my new fave activity, mud runs (training for the Tough Mudder in the spring :D). Lot of people seem to like burpies here, I think they were invented by the devil >:) Of all the exercises I do, burpies are the only one that I legitimately loath... my trainer makes me do them anyway because they're apparently good for me :)

Hey There,

This is something I've been wondering for a while. I am a proam (professional amateur) circus performer. A lot of people within the circus community are Paleo, and some do CF--many of them teach at various CFs in my area. However, I don't think they do quite as much training as I do--6 days a week, often several training practices a day. But most of my strength is upper body (trapeze, aerial rope, and handstands are my main areas). I bike to get places and I dance, which is more than enough cardio, but I've always wondered if maybe I need to do more for my lower body? I already do so much, but I'm not sure if it's always balanced. Thoughts?

Archived