Nira81's Reintro Review

Nira81

Yesterday was Day 1 of Reintroduction and I had some peanut butter - regular old Jif.  It was great!   I couldn't believe I went a month making PB&J's for my kids without a taste of the stuff.  I ditched my plan to eat beans on a salad was when I found I wasn't very hungry for beans at dinner.  So peanut butter alone was the only change.  

I am now discovering that peanut butter does not agree with my stomach.  Things are very bubbly and windy!  Ick.  

Question: did I introduce too much with Jif? It's pretty processed.  Potential oops there.  Should I have tried natural peanut butter or just peanuts?  At least I'll keep off the kiddos' stuff now.  I enjoyed it but really, I feel gross today.  

Cant believe I'm looking forward to a day back to Whole30 eating.  

I think you have answered the question of, "Is it worth it?"  Bubbly and windy? I agree.  I would say, "Ick!," too.  If you really love peanut butter but the jif didn't work for you, maybe the natural might.  Or just try peanuts and see if you get the same stomach response.  You are doing great!  And congrats on your Whole30!

In realizing that reintroduction are going to require Whole30 eating for another couple of weeks, I've decided to try a bit of a monomeal approach to breakfast and lunch.  @kirkor if you're around, thank you for the inspiration.  I still need help ditching the snacking habit.  There has been only one meal that feels like simple good fuel that I wouldn't emotionally eat but is completely satisfying and doesn't leave me feeling the need for any other tastes or textures.  I feel like food can be overstimulating sometimes, call me crazy!  Anyway I'll try sticking to kale drizzled with good oil, salt and pepper  with two eggs thrown on top, three if I'm really hungry.  That should do me well and make reintroduction simpler.  Then a simple (important!) template dinner with and whatever I'm reintroducing.  We'll see how that works! 

Archived