need more support: working with a coach?

I'm on Day 28 but planning to turn this into a Whole60. This wasn't a drastic change for me, since I've been Paleo-ish for the past 7 years, but lately bad stuff had been sneaking in. I'm also overweight and need to lose about 15 lbs to be in a healthy range for me. I haven't been on the scale, but I can tell from my clothes that I've gained weight over the past month. Pants are tighter, not loser. I have a long history of dieting and bingeing. I lost about 40lbs 7 years ago eating Paleo, but I was also counting calories. I'm trying to move beyond this now and get to a better place where I don't have to be counting calories, beholden to the scale etc., but I think that my satiety mechanism and sense about portion control is unreliable and am wondering if I'm still just eating too much.

This Whole30 has been good for slaying the sugar dragon and has put a complete end to binging and craving. I've also mostly been snack free and sticking to three meals a day without being hungry in between. I know that these are all huge gains and I am appreciative of it. But I'm also really uncomfortable in my body and want to lose weight. I'm feeling a bit stuck as to how to make that happen, though I take comfort in the posts I've read where the moderators have said that sometimes it takes more time and you just have to hang in there. Has anyone been through a similar situation? Did it take you a while to figure out the right amount to eat not to sustain your weight but to lower it?

I'm eating following the template and limiting fruit to one or two servings a day (mostly green apples and/or berries). I know that there are people who are clearly not eating enough. I'm definitely not in that category.

lunch yesterday: cubed roastbeef over a large bed of steamed spinach, half an avocado, grape tomatoes.

snack yesterday at 4: handful of almonds and an apple

dinner last night: salmon cooked in ghee, kale salad with carrots, avocado, pepitas and pomegranate seeds) roasted acorn squash, strawberries

breakfast today: leftover tuna salad (homemade mayo, diced apple, almond slivers,), a chunk of roast beef, leftover kale salad, steamed turnips

lunch today: stirfry (ground turkey meat, onion, mushroom, pepper cooked in evo), steamed broccoli, roasted acorn squash, handful of olives

Among the things I'm wondering is whether there are Whole 30 type coaches out there who could work more closely with me? Has anyone heard of such a thing or worked with someone? I feel like the extra support, guidance and accountability would be helpful for me.

Grateful for all replies, thoughts etc. !

Archived