Sharp Lower Abdomen Pains! I don't know why!!

So I'm on day 29. (Wooo!!) Overall, this has been a fantastic experience. Like, as far as behaviors and cravings go, I think it's safe to say that it's been life changing!

But last night and tonight I've gotten bloaty and have had some pretty sharp pains in my gut, like small intestine or something (I don't really know anatomy that well, so that's just a guess). Anyway, the only thing that I've eaten that's any different, but consistent both last night and tonight, was a larger amount of avocado (1/2 of an avocado, so still not much!). I doubt that's what is causing the pain, but I haven't felt this any other time besides last night and tonight!

I know that's virtually nothing to go off of, but can anybody help a sister out and at least point me in the right direction to start figuring this out! I want to begin my reintroduction pretty badly on Tuesday, but at this point, I don't know if it's a great idea. It seems like something in my GI is being real sensitive to something all of the sudden.

• Moderators

Is it gas?  No one here is a medical professional so we can't give actual medical advice and if you're quite concerned, the advice is to go see your doctor.

I would not start re-intros while you feel that your body is reacting to something, otherwise you may not know what reaction you have to the foods you're experimenting with.  I will say that I"ve heard people get gas from avocado so cut those out for a while and see if that makes it better?

If you want more directed help, go ahead and list out what you've eaten in the last two or three days including quantities, meal timing, specific veggies, protein and fat and we can see if anything stands out.

I'll be honest, I haven't really kept track of all of that. I know that I should have, but I don't think I've really needed to up until now. I'm not so concerned that I'll go to a doctor. It's good to know that avocado can be a little troublesome for gas.

Archived