Started Jan 6th

Telerider

I'm sure I'm breaking protocol as I tend to do by putting this post in the wrong location on the forum, so since I've never introduced myself, I figured I could ask for forgiveness.  I would be remised if I didn't share my story for those who are thinking about trying the program.  Therefore, I wanted to share my initial journey that ended today.  The following is what I posted to Facebook and I'm not a big social media guy by any means.  I encourage all who have already invested the time and effort to do your pre-reading and homework to take the plunge!  It's worth it!

I just wanted to share a personal success story with all my friends and family regarding a new year’s resolution challenge Deb and I took in January. For those who know me well, I try not to push anything on those around me. I live my life how I choose and I'm fine with how others choose to live their lives.

Because of recent experiences we've had with friends and family who are on "special" diets, Deb and I thought it might be interesting to take on a 30 day challenge for this one particular program, Whole 30. http://whole30.com/

I'm not here today to sell about the merits of this program, only the results that I experienced based on my 30 day experiment that officially ended yesterday. However, the experience has taught me several foundational eating habits that I can sustain going forward. Therefore, the journey is really just beginning.

If what I'm about to tell you sounds too good to be true, I would say, you're probably right. Only nothing I'm going to tell you is BS and you can read about thousands of other people who changed their health permanently in the book "It All Starts with Food" by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig. https://www.amazon.com/Starts-Food-Discover-Whole30-Unexpected/dp/1628600543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486409624&sr=8-1&keywords=whole+30+it+all+starts+with+food

My long story short. I've lived my entire adult life thinking I'm a thin, fit guy who can out exercise my what I’ll call “relatively responsible” eating habits. The thought of a "diet" never once entered my mind until I was exposed to Whole 30. I'm here to tell you what you put into your body wins big time over exercise.
As of yesterday, I lost 9 lbs of stubborn belly fat over these past 30 days. My waist is the same size as when I was in college. My energy level has been through the roof since about day 10 of the program, my strength in the gym is stronger than it’s ever been AND I have other impressive stories I’d be happy to share more one on one, so feel free to message me for details.

While the program takes planning and is best done as a "team effort" with spouse, significant other, roommate, etc., I can assure you that it will change your life for the better!

As an offroad motorcycle enduro rider, I like to test my mental toughness as I'm getting my butt kicked on the trail. While I was prepared to put this mentality into effect for Whole 30, I ended up not needing to. There is no limit on the quantity that you eat; only what you eat.

I've never found myself hungry the entire 30 days, yet I lost weight and increased strength. All the foods are “wholesome”, delicious and what you would expect clean eating to be. With the advent of the Internet, there are literally thousands of easy recipes to choose from, yet breakfast and lunch were relatively the same. So you really only needed to plan for dinner.

Like I said earlier, I'm not here to tell you how you should live your life, but if you’re looking to make a change in a measurable, actionable and timely manner, this is it!

Again, feel free to message me with additional questions; I'd be glad to help.

Archived