Medical Basket case

• Moderators

Because fruit and vegetables have a natural sweetness to them that you might not even notice if you're used to sweetening foods.

Because some people find that even the artificial sweeteners can cause effects similar to what actual sugar does.

Because when you cut out sweet stuff, you stop craving sweet stuff.

Because honestly, even if you don't notice bad side effects when you eat artificial sweeteners, do you really think they're actually making you healthier? 

Because if there's a substance that you think has so much power in your life that the thought of giving it up for 30 days is scary, don't you owe it to yourself to prove that you are strong enough to live without it at least for a little while?

Any of these sound good? I might be able to come up with more if they're not. But really, it's 30 days. Just try it. On day 31, if you don't feel it's made you any healthier to not have it, you can always go back to it if you want to. It'll still be there.

• Moderators

How do your list of medical concerns relate to your insistence on the fact that artificial sweetners will always be in your life? I'm sorry, I don't see the correlation so this topic is confusing to me.

Artifical sweetners are something that is manufactured in a lab... if you have these extensive medical concerns, why would you want to put a lab manufactured toxin in your body?

Archived