Hello all! 

I am on day10 of round1 and my yesterday I had awesome energy and a positive attitude and today I was so tired I came home and took a 2 hour nap! I'm a teacher so I'm pretty active and I workout 6 times a week sometimes twice. This includes cardio in the morning and a lift in the evening but normally 1.5-2hrs daily! They are intense lifts and normally HIIT cardio or steady state. 

I am just curious if I'm eating too much (which is what it seems) or not enough. Sometimes I find that I'm hungrier in the afternoon around my workouts and in the evenings. I've been trying to add more fats to my earlier meals so I don't get crazy in the evening. 

Heres an an example of a days eating which is pretty typical everyday.

M1-handful chicken sausage, handful butternut squash, mixed stir fry veggies, 3eggs, 1/2 avocado

M2-1 small beef burger, 1slice bacon,tomato, 1-1/4 avocado, Brussels sprouts, carrots, 1 egg

Preworkout - 3 eggs, 2-servings mayo 
Post workout-1.5 serving shredded pork, greens 

M3- 1 serving chicken, coconut aminos, shredded cole slaw, 3-4thumbs mayo 

Thanks for any advice!:)

• Moderators

Are you going 4-5 hours between meals pretty easily? If so, your meals are probably good. If you're hungry 2-3 hours later, you may need to increase something. If you regularly go 6 or more hours and don't feel hungry at all, or if you finish your meal and feel stuffed and miserable, they may be a bit big.

Post-WO, you want lean protein and starchy vegetable, so maybe try replacing your greens with some sweet potato or butternut squash or some other starchy veggie and see if that makes any difference.

I'm also on my tenth day of the whole30, I workout 6 days a week (6 miles a day), and my meal plan looks pretty much identical to yours besides the lunch (I eat lazy leftovers). I am also tired, but on top of that I'm not sleeping at night. I get bad RLS and I get up to pee constantly. I have my starches every meal and I also take magnesium suppliments. 

I find I feel almost euphoric at some moments and cranky the next. I feel happy in general, which is a wonderful thing...but as soon as I lay down sleep eludes me completely and I stay awake the entire night. 

So I am also curious about the answer to this question, and I also am happy to see someone else who's doing the whole30 at the same time. =)

@ShannonM816 Thanks for the response! I can go 4-5 hours, sometimes 5 hours is a bit much, sometimes its not. I think I am still just working on fine tuning my meals and some days I feel better about the sizes than others. 

That does help a lot though thank you!!! I am reaping some NSV for sure but I do understand why day 10-11 are tough!

@Kaleidoscope whoohooo day10! I have tried before and made it to day 17 but I remember feeling really amazing. 

I feel like it is a little more difficult when you're super active because there are some days where I feel just ravenous! Others I'm just sorta meh. The energy comes and goes for sure but I am ready for a little more stability in (hopefully) the near future! Good luck over the next 20 days, we got this!

Archived