Beginner whole30 meal prep: 5 days of lunches in 45 min!

1 meal x 5 days (could be breakfast, lunch, or dinner)

Ground turkey + Roasted brussel sprouts + sweet potatoes

What You Need (for meals for one person)

1 lb brussel sprouts

2 large sweet potato

1.5 lb ground turkey

Cooking spray

Olive oil

Spices- garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper

Foil

Two baking sheets

Large Skillet

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Slice brussel sprouts in half if they are large. Put foil on a baking sheet and spray. Pour brussels onto baking sheet. Drizzle with small amount of olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Put in oven. (don’t worry if it’s not fully preheated, it will be fine) Set a timer for 20 minutes.

3. Peel sweet potato. Chop into bite sized pieces. Put foil on another baking sheet and spray. Pour potatoes onto baking sheet. Drizzle with small amount of olive oil. Season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Put in oven.

4. While these are cooking in the oven, start the ground turkey. Spray a large saute pan and turn heat on medium. Put in ground meat and start to brown, stirring often. As this starts to brown, season with garlic, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.

5. Make sure to keep an eye on brussels and potatoes. When a fork can easily pierce through, they are done.

6. Remove all food from heat when it is finished cooking and allow to cool. Portion your meals into containers.

EasiestMealPrep.jpg

This looks good; I do something similar every week. I like to heat up a hash of ground meat, sprouts and sweet potatoes and top with eggs fried in ghee.

Please check the ingredients on the cooking spray; they often contain non-compliant ingredients.

I use parchment paper instead of any cooking spray on a cookie sheet and just drizzle the oil over the veggies. Or I use a glass casserole dish and just stir the veggies around in the oil and seasonings and then bake, it doesn't stick and it gets nicely browned, yum!

Archived