nerd4maps

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has perfected the preparation of zoodles (zucchini noodles)? I've tried various methods and they either seem to be too watery or too salty (because I added too much salt to remove the water). 

Any tips/tricks on how to cook them would be much appreciated! 

• Moderators

If I'm adding them to a soup or topping them with a sauce, I don't actually cook them -- I heat the soup or sauce, and allow the heat from it to warm the zoodles.

If I do want to cook them, I saute them, just long enough for them to be heated, don't overcook.

If I'm willing to devote the extra time, I have done this method before.

And here's another recipe for them, just because it's tasty.

I followed some instructions from Well Fed 2. What I did is spiralize the zucchinis, put them in a colander with a lot of salt to sweat out the liquid, let them sit for 1-2 hours. Then I rinsed them well to get rid of all the salt.  Patted them dry with paper towels. Then you can cook them if you want but I took it one step further. I spread them out on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper and more paper towels and let them sit in the fridge until the next day, uncovered.  The fridge dehydrates them a little more and then I patted them dry one last time.  It is best to prepare the day before, if you can, to get rid of the moisture but I have also prepared them same day as well.  Make sure you make a lot because they cook down quite a bit and you don't want to go through all that for a small amount! I used 4 last time and it was plenty.

I didn't peel them but you can.

Archived