Starting February 20

MargaretAM

@xfrapgirl I found Amylu compliant chorizo and Aidell's compliant chicken apple sausage that I like to use for breakfast with either leftover roasted vegetables or sauteed with vegetables that morning (bell pepper, kale, onion, tomato and chorizo is one of my default combinations). I'll either have 2 links of sausage or 1 link of sausage + 2 eggs scrambled in and then serve it with 1/2 an avocado or a drizzle of flavored mayo (garlic or chipotle). 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I made stuffed peppers using the recipe in the W30 book.  The peppers I bought are long and skinny so I had to lie them down after slicing off a piece lengthwise, kinda like pepper boats. I subbed 1 baked plantain for the butternut squash.  It was delish!  I stuffed 5 peppers and I still had a small portion of filling left over which will probably be breakfast.  I also roasted some green beans and asparagus.  All good!  

How many of you are recipe people and how many just cook?  

I am very much a recipe person in the kitchen.  I love cookbooks.  When I sit down with a stack of cookbooks to plan some meals, my husband calls this my "research." 

I have also tried some recipes from Whole30recipes instagram.  Each week a different person takes over the account and posts all kinds of meals, photos and recipes.  I made this fish piccata last week: wow! don't know how that happened, really meant just to post the link! 

Well, the fish kinda fell apart, so my version was more like fish chunks piccata, but it was really good anyway.  

5 hours ago, xfrapgirl said:

@kelleyflees and @DotinTO - I am also a bit befuddled with the fats.  So I feel your pain.  I made the crockpot butter chicken recipe that one of you posted on here (and it is delish too!) but found it a bit watery so added another can of coconut milk to it (for a total of two cans).  Granted, it ended up being about 8 servings (well, actually, 8 servings, plus another whole tupperware of just extra sauce).  So is 1/4 can of fatty coconut milk too much per serving?.... I have no idea.  But as I said, tastes great!! lol

I've tried the butter chicken recipe below before (which actually uses butter, i.e., ghee, per the name lol) and didn't have a problem with it being too watery. It was very good! Also just tried the one posted earlier; it was good, too, but I like this one better: http://thiswestcoastmommy.com/paleo-butter-chicken-recipe/

Some other favorite recipes of mine: 

http://5ingredientpaleo.blogspot.com/2014/08/hawaiian-pizza-soup.html

http://meljoulwan.com/2010/02/02/greek-beef-stew/

@TryingOver congrats on the workouts!  Slow and steady does it.  You gals are not the only ones puzzled by fat @Kelley Flees  @DotinTO.  It has been a struggle to me.  What Ive done so far:  if the meat is cooked in fat/sauce I don't add anything because the sauce will retain the fat.  If the dish is cooked in fat, I will add a sauce to it.  If the meat is particularly fatty (ribeye/ribs) I usually don't add any fat other than what's cooked in with the side.  Or I add a salad with a vinaigrette.  Some recipes, like the roasted veggies or asparagus, are glistening with cooking fat so I'm a bit more hesitant to add anything to them.  Not saying its right, but it has worked for me.  It keeps me satiated throughout the day.  Eating non-breakfast meals has help me tremendously.  I find that meat keeps me fuller longer than eggs.  I don't have cravings which is unheard of for me. @MButcher thanks for the recipes!

Lets kick Day 18 in the grains!

okay, so here's what I've been eating the last couple of days. Tell me what you think:

Breakfast: two-egg scramble with leftover roasted sweet potatoes and half an avoacado

lunch: nori "burritos" (leftover tilapia, cole slaw, guacamole, tomato, lettuce, wrapped in toasted nori sheets)

dinner: French onion soup (no crouton or cheese, so really just onion soup), Nicoise salad (baked salmon, boiled mini potatoes, hard-boiled egg, green beans, Nicoise olives, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, with anchovy/red wine vinegar/olive oil/garlic/shallot dressing)

breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs over sliced tomato, topped with buffalo mayo (1 tbsp homemade mayo mixed with compliant hot sauce)

lunch: turkey Bolognese (ground turkey, onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, with homemade tomato sauce) over sweet potato noodles, side salad (shredded kale, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, tomato, cucumber) with homemade balsamic dressing, one clementine

dinner: chicken souvlaki (one skewer, about one breast's worth), Greek salad (minus the feta cheese), lemon-roasted potatoes

breakfast this morning: palm-sized serving of smoked salmon, 4-5 mini potatoes, half an avocado, 1 tsp homemade mayo watered down with lemon juice drizzled over everything.

I only drink water and tea (mostly herbal, except for one cup of Earl Grey (black) in the morning and sometimes another in the afternoon if I don't feel like a fruity tea).

I'm usually not very hungry when I wake up, so my breakfasts might seem small, but they're the right amount for me. I find that if I eat more than what I have the last couple of days I'm not hungry again until mid-afternoon, which throws my whole schedule off. I AM often hungry a couple of hours after dinner, though I'm full when I finish eating. We eat between 6:30-7:30, so by the time10:00 rolls around, I'm munchy (but this is nothing new. The end of the 10:00 bag of chip tradition is the only thing that's changed!). Now I just go to bed slightly hungry or have a cup of herbal tea to at least have some sort of flavour to satiate me.

Thoughts?

13 hours ago, ShellyM said:

How many of you are recipe people and how many just cook?

I'm a cook. I like to look at recipes for inspiration, or to get a sense of a flavour profile, but otherwise I just wing it. Maybe that's part of my problem; I haven't been using any of the Whole 30 recipes, so my ratios of fat and protein may be off. Hmm... I have the book. Maybe I should use it! :\

@DotinTO  I think it looks good.  My only hesitation is that you are eating two servings of potatoes a day.  If you are active you may need it, otherwise they *may* be a bit much.  My opinion.  In my case, I eat potatoes twice a week or so.  I also eat between 6:30-7:00 pm and usually I look at my plate and think I don't have enough food.  But, I go to bed around 9:00-9:30 and its enough to keep me satiated until my morning workout.

I just started drinking tea in the morning because I am missing a sweeter drink than just water and LaCroix.  I am used to put water enhancers once a day in my drinks, so this is a nice substitution.

Hey I found some gems at my local Walmart Market. I encourage you to check it out. I was blown away. I'm returning to work soon and these meals are going to help a lot.

NSV: I have a lot of energy today. 

I continue to improve with serving sizes and eating a snack only when I am really hungry. I love this freedom.

IMG_1079.JPG

@ShellyM I have been a recipe person. I'm moving towards a mixture of both as I gain confidence. I have received some e-book cookbooks along with buying the Whole30 cookbook on Kindle. I look forward to diving into the recipes and continue to learn about good portion control. It's the confidence and freedom that drive me. When I hear about people getting sick or having headaches, I wonder how much what they eat hurts them. We only get one shot at this life. I want to do what I feel is right. Desserts or sweets have no control over me. I feel my journey is about taking control and I'm loving it.

@KatKat Have you tried fruit infused water? I have been drinking it for the past two weeks. It's a nice change and little calories. I'm patiently waiting for my infusion water pitcher and water bottles to arrive from Groupon. It's yet another discovery that helps me enjoy life just a little bit more.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:17 AM, jmcbn said:

What does your schedule look like? And what are you eating throughout the day? It could be that you need that mini meal, or it could be that with some tweaks to your meals you could reduce that evening hunger and make it through without it...

Thanks so much for responding!

I wake up at 6 a.m. and am out the door at 7 a.m. I usually eat breakfast at 8. My breakfast today was three eggs scrambled with two handfuls of spinach, half an onion, half a large red bell pepper, and a medium tomato. I had half a pint of blueberries with it. I was STARVING by 11:30. Other breakfasts I've had include chicken thigh and leg meat with roasted sweet potatoes, onions, celery and carrots and sliced cucumbers; whole30 spinach fritatta with half an avocado and an orange

Lunch is usually between 12:45 and 1:15. Today I ate chicken breast meat, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli on top of spinach with sliced jicama and half an avocado.

I have a pre-workout snack around 5. Lately I've been having a hard boiled egg with half an avocado or a hard boiled egg with a closed handful of cashews.

I am training for a half marathon and run between 3 and 8 miles 5 days a week. I'm usually at the gym/in the park by 6:30.

When I get home (around 7:30/8) I have a post-workout snack of a 5 oz. can of tuna or an egg white or some chicken breast.

By the time I shower and cook, I'm sitting down to dinner around 9:30. My dinner tonight will be the oven baked salmon with broccoli, mushrooms, yellow squash and roasted red pepper sauce. 

On the days I don't work out, I'll have a hard boiled egg, a veggie (a sliced cucumber, some baby carrots) and a fat (roasted red pepper sauce, avocado, nuts) around 5 and then eat dinner around 7. These are the nights I'm really hungry at 10 or 11 and end up snacking or eating too much close to bedtime!

I know the book says to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime. With my schedule, sometimes that's tough. Last night I poured spoiled coconut milk over an almost finished meal and had to start over, which meant I ate dinner at 11 and went to bed at 12. Is this bad for my digestion?

1 hour ago, Kelley Flees said:

@ShellyM. We only get one shot at this life. I want to do what I feel is right. Desserts or sweets have no control over me. I feel my journey is about taking control and I'm loving it.

Yes! I am loving going back through and reading about all your NSVs and advice! You all are so inspiring! Way to keep up the good work even though it's tough. We're making great choices about food to make our bodies better and not letting food control us anymore! It's been really empowering to turn down sweets and snacks. Last night I had a seminar at my grad school and my sweet supervisor (who I knew was doing whole30) brought me a veggie tray. It made turning down chex mix and candy bars really easy! I've got my larabars and tuna packs for those times when hunger strikes and I don't have a veggie tray to lean on! KEEP IT UP Y'ALL!

Happy Day 18, everyone!  We are getting to the end of this pretty quickly.  I am actually pondering what I will do at the end of 30 days.  I feel great on this plan and want to continue.  But I think I will try the reintro at 30 days just so I can do that having been 100% on program.  Then I can get back to this main program .... and perhaps.... not be so paranoid about keeping 100% perfect (ie, eating out once in a while for social occasions would be nice ...lol.  I know I can do paleo fairly easily ... but Whole30 perfect is not so easy outside my home)

ANYWAY.  Just blathering.  @MButcher - thank you for the recipes.  All three look great.  And @TryingOver - I like the idea of sausage with leftover roasted veggies.  I can definitely do that for breakfast.  Then I'll be able to alternate between three breakfast meals instead of just the two.  Yay!

Hope everyone had a great day!!

5 hours ago, Jeanster47 said:

Thanks so much for responding!

I wake up at 6 a.m. and am out the door at 7 a.m. I usually eat breakfast at 8. My breakfast today was three eggs scrambled with two handfuls of spinach, half an onion, half a large red bell pepper, and a medium tomato. I had half a pint of blueberries with it. I was STARVING by 11:30. Other breakfasts I've had include chicken thigh and leg meat with roasted sweet potatoes, onions, celery and carrots and sliced cucumbers; whole30 spinach fritatta with half an avocado and an orange

Lunch is usually between 12:45 and 1:15. Today I ate chicken breast meat, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli on top of spinach with sliced jicama and half an avocado.

I have a pre-workout snack around 5. Lately I've been having a hard boiled egg with half an avocado or a hard boiled egg with a closed handful of cashews.

I am training for a half marathon and run between 3 and 8 miles 5 days a week. I'm usually at the gym/in the park by 6:30.

When I get home (around 7:30/8) I have a post-workout snack of a 5 oz. can of tuna or an egg white or some chicken breast.

By the time I shower and cook, I'm sitting down to dinner around 9:30. My dinner tonight will be the oven baked salmon with broccoli, mushrooms, yellow squash and roasted red pepper sauce. 

On the days I don't work out, I'll have a hard boiled egg, a veggie (a sliced cucumber, some baby carrots) and a fat (roasted red pepper sauce, avocado, nuts) around 5 and then eat dinner around 7. These are the nights I'm really hungry at 10 or 11 and end up snacking or eating too much close to bedtime!

I know the book says to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime. With my schedule, sometimes that's tough. Last night I poured spoiled coconut milk over an almost finished meal and had to start over, which meant I ate dinner at 11 and went to bed at 12. Is this bad for my digestion?

Your work-out days look good, apart from the fact you're having breakfast so late - really you should be aiming to eat within an hour of wakening to help lower your cortisol. Is there any way you could prepare breakfast in the evening & eat before you leave? Also MANY people repor that if they have fruit in the morning they are hu ngrier sooner, and hungrier throughout the day - even if they've had the exact same breakfast the previous day WITHOUT the fruit. I'd recommend keeping any fruit until at least meal two.

I don't see any mention of starchy veg, other than the carrots - are you inlcuding at least a fist sized serving per day? As a runner you'll be depeleting muscle glycogen stores & as this won't normalise on it's own on a daily basis you need the starches for replenishment - try adding some in to your postWO meal.

On the days you don't work out I'd probably try upping the size of your lunch & dinner in order to stretch things out a bit. My schedule, for instance, is breakfast @ 06:30, lunch @ 13:30 (or occasionally closer to 14:00), dinner @ 18:30, and on the weekends dinner is usally closer to 20:00, with no snacking in between. Can you have dinners pre-cooked so you're not having to work out & then cook? You could also consider having a mini meal in work before you leave - so say, breakfast @ 06:30, lunch @ 12:00, mini-meal @ 16:00, then dinner @ 20:00.

Basically the mini meal is fine if you need it, but I think you need to try eating breakfast within an hour of wakening, and then spacing your meals out throughout the day to better suit your schedule/hunger.

Eating late every now & then isn't inherently bad if going to bed hungry means you won't sleep. But yes, aim to get the 2hrs in between eating & sleeping in order to allow your body to fully digest the food before you sleep so that it can focus fully on rest/recovery/recuperation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Kelley Flees and @YvonneB for the tip.  I will look into those.  I drink tons of water a day and doesn't bother me, but some times I need variety!  @ShellyM  I totally agree!  I feel so much more confident now.  I have a candy bowl in my office and have not been tempted at all.  I usually cannot turn down chocolate or bread, but aside from the first few days I haven't been craving those at all!  @Jeanster47 I cannot believe we are more than halfway there! 

My typical day looks like this:

Get up at 0430, 30 min workout video (21DFX at the moment).  Immediately after drink apple cider vinegar mixed with water and baking soda.  Eat some chicken, between 2-3 oz.

Have Meal 1 at work around 0700; this week I've had guacamole, spinach, ground turkey, and salsa.  Ground turkey, roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with lemon glaze.  Today I'm having turkey meatballs, ratatouille and ranch dressing.  Sometimes I add fruit to this meal.

Hit the gym at 1200, walk on treadmill at 15% incline with incrementing speed or run for 35 minutes.  

Meal 2 at 1300.  Baby back ribs with tangy BBQ sauce with broccoli, squash, and mushroom bake (made 3 lbs of ribs and I've been eating it every day, so good!).

Meal 3 1830-1900  Tilapia with citrus glaze, roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes, apple sauce pork chops with greek salad, etc.

Usually what I make for Meal 3 ends up being another meal the next day since I double my recipes.  95% of my recipes have come from the W30 cookbook.  Doubling the recipe gives me between 4-6 servings!

Saturdays and Sundays I get to sleep in so my schedule is much more compressed, but I follow the same principle.  I try to get at least 10k steps in. 

Happy Day 19!

K

12 hours ago, Kelley Flees said:

When I hear about people getting sick or having headaches, I wonder how much what they eat hurts them. We only get one shot at this life. I want to do what I feel is right. 

You are so right @Kelley Flees!  About a year ago, my husband found a book called the migraine diet after suffering from pretty much daily migraines for a few years.  He followed it to a T and still does - and it was very much like the W30 where you eliminate possible trigger foods.  When I came across the W30 in January it was an easy shift because our meals had already been 'cleaned up' so to speak.  I just needed to get my constant snacking and sweets along with my carb cravings under control!!  Since changing his diet about a year ago, his migraine attacks went from daily to once a week.  Now he sometimes goes two weeks.  Baby steps, but it's huge for him (and our family!). My daughter has been diagnosed with IBS but I still wonder if that's code for 'we're not sure why she gets constant tummy problems, well just say it's IBS'.  She was put on the FODMAP diet which again, is an elimatation diet.  I was happy to see it mentioned in the W30 book, because no one else seems to have heard of it!  At least when I introduced them to the W30, it wasn't a big switch!  We will W30 on! :D 

Hello All

It is helpful to be reading the specifics about what people are eating.  My workouts are still really lacking - in particular my weights have decreased in a way that has never happened before. I posted about this on the thread for atheletes and hopefully will get some ideas  there.

I have also been more tired this week.  Geez. I have no doubt that this eating is ultimately much better for me and my body but I hope to level out soon.

Like others, a huge NSV is how good I feel about the choices I am making. There has been a pie in our fridge all week from my husband's birthday and it barely even whispers my name (vs. the megaphone in the past). Prior to this I would have been in a constant push pull of should I eat it? No I can't eat it. Ok I will eat just a little of it. Ok, maybe a little bit more. I suck; why can't I control myself? And on and on and on.

This is the main reason I am doing this program. So Yea! 

I tried the butter chicken recipe that was posted earlier. I doubled the chicken breast in it and it turned out perfect. Family loved it.  I also made this recipe without the tortillas in it. Family really loved this one.   http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/tortilla-soup-braised-chicken-michael-symon

Happy Day 19 my friends.

Margaret

Hope everyone is having a good day 19! Things here are going well, although my medical condition flared up yesterday. I think I tried pushing too hard when I started mini-workouts plus some additional activity for my current health. I have to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and I'm not going to get back to 100% quickly when I have been sick for almost 2 years now. 

I'm finding the support on this thread is really helping me stay on track. It is great hearing how well everyone is doing and seeing the advice for those who are still tweaking their Whole30. 

Hi all! I haven't had time to post much but I've been keeping up with reading everyone's updates. I've got lots of good updates so I'll get the bad out of the way first....I have like ZERO energy. I felt great week one but since then my energy levels are not so great. It seems as if I'm not the only one so that makes me feel a little better. Other than that I'm doing well. No cravings or temptations. I even have a little bucket of Hershey kisses on my desk at work and it doesn't bother me a bit. The only thing I still really miss is gum. Today for the first time I do feel like my eyes are a little brighter and I think maybe the redness on my cheeks and chin might finally be fading a bit. My dark circles are still awful. 

I need to read up on the reintroduction process because I want to do it right this time. But for the most part, I want to stick with how I've been eating in W30 for good. Eating clean at least. I think the meal template works really well for me and I'm not even tempted to eat processed and fast foods anymore. What I used to crave just kind of turns my stomach now. 

If beans don't end up bothering me I will definitely add those back into my diet. I will drink wine but not several days a week like I was. I'm sure I will have gum! But no sweets. I'm done with the sugar dragon. It's just not worth it for me to go down that slippery slope. I need to approach sweets like I did cigarettes when I quit smoking over 8 years ago. I can't have "just one" here and there, because it leads to more and more and more. 

Anyhoo....It's nice to be able to share. I'm grateful for you all in this group. Thanks for your insights and support. I hope everyone has a super weekend!

Drinks:  Have you heard or tried the veggie/fruit drink by Telula?It's another gem I found at Walmart Market. I usually go with the plan not to drink my calories, but this nutritional drink might be a game changer.

Flavor "Green Zing" - five spinach bunches, 1 1/2 cucumber, 2 1/2 ginger roots, 1 apple, 2 heads of kale, 1/2 lemon, 2 1/2 celery stalks. Wow!

25 minutes ago, Kelley Flees said:

Drinks:  Have you heard or tried the veggie/fruit drink by Telula?It's another gem I found at Walmart Market. I usually go with the plan not to drink my calories, but this nutritional drink might be a game changer.

Flavor "Green Zing" - five spinach bunches, 1 1/2 cucumber, 2 1/2 ginger roots, 1 apple, 2 heads of kale, 1/2 lemon, 2 1/2 celery stalks. Wow!

Kelley, I'd encourage you to stick with the plan not to drink your meals.

The mods can explain the ways your body and brain react differently to foods we drink versus foods we chew. And the meal template recommends you eat 1-3 cups of vegetables each meal (i.e. heap your plate with them).

That drink is a sugar bomb. 8 oz has 20 grams of sugar and no protein. 

In contrast, two cups of broccoli has 4 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein and is going to satisfy your body and your appetite in a more sustainable way.

20 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Your work-out days look good, apart from the fact you're having breakfast so late - really you should be aiming to eat within an hour of wakening to help lower your cortisol. Is there any way you could prepare breakfast in the evening & eat before you leave? Also MANY people repor that if they have fruit in the morning they are hu ngrier sooner, and hungrier throughout the day - even if they've had the exact same breakfast the previous day WITHOUT the fruit. I'd recommend keeping any fruit until at least meal two.

I don't see any mention of starchy veg, other than the carrots - are you inlcuding at least a fist sized serving per day? As a runner you'll be depeleting muscle glycogen stores & as this won't normalise on it's own on a daily basis you need the starches for replenishment - try adding some in to your postWO meal.

On the days you don't work out I'd probably try upping the size of your lunch & dinner in order to stretch things out a bit. My schedule, for instance, is breakfast @ 06:30, lunch @ 13:30 (or occasionally closer to 14:00), dinner @ 18:30, and on the weekends dinner is usally closer to 20:00, with no snacking in between. Can you have dinners pre-cooked so you're not having to work out & then cook? You could also consider having a mini meal in work before you leave - so say, breakfast @ 06:30, lunch @ 12:00, mini-meal @ 16:00, then dinner @ 20:00.

Basically the mini meal is fine if you need it, but I think you need to try eating breakfast within an hour of wakening, and then spacing your meals out throughout the day to better suit your schedule/hunger.

Eating late every now & then isn't inherently bad if going to bed hungry means you won't sleep. But yes, aim to get the 2hrs in between eating & sleeping in order to allow your body to fully digest the food before you sleep so that it can focus fully on rest/recovery/recuperation.

Hope this helps.

SO helpful! Thanks a million! I will definitely try eating the breakfast earlier and without fruit. I've noticed that the fruit makes my already strong sugar cravings even stronger! This upcoming week, my goal is to eat one serving of low-sugar fruit (like a citrus) per day with meal 2 or 3.

As far as the starchy veggies go, I've been eating sweet potatoes, beets, and butternut squash. I just made the butternut squash soup from the whole30 book--yum!! However, I read somewhere on the forum that starchy veggies should be limited to one serving a day because they spike sugar cravings or something? I do see your logic about replenishing my muscles and obviously I'm going to trust you over something I think I remember from another feed haha.

Also for next week, I'm going to try a few crock pot meals that are ready to go! I think I did better during week 1 with having quick dinners on hand. That will certainly make a difference! I think spacing the meals out will solve my eating before bed problem. Thanks so much for giving me ways to make this awesome experience even better!!!

10 hours ago, MargaretAM said:

Hello All

It is helpful to be reading the specifics about what people are eating.  My workouts are still really lacking - in particular my weights have decreased in a way that has never happened before. I posted about this on the thread for atheletes and hopefully will get some ideas  there.

I have also been more tired this week.  Geez. I have no doubt that this eating is ultimately much better for me and my body but I hope to level out soon.

Like others, a huge NSV is how good I feel about the choices I am making. There has been a pie in our fridge all week from my husband's birthday and it barely even whispers my name (vs. the megaphone in the past). Prior to this I would have been in a constant push pull of should I eat it? No I can't eat it. Ok I will eat just a little of it. Ok, maybe a little bit more. I suck; why can't I control myself? And on and on and on.

This is the main reason I am doing this program. So Yea! 

I tried the butter chicken recipe that was posted earlier. I doubled the chicken breast in it and it turned out perfect. Family loved it.  I also made this recipe without the tortillas in it. Family really loved this one.   http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/tortilla-soup-braised-chicken-michael-symon

Happy Day 19 my friends.

Margaret

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is more tired! Please let us know what you find out about working out. I have also found that my endurance has been a struggle in this past week. When I run 4 miles, a distance that usually feels pretty easy to me, it feels like I'm running 12! I also did some weights for the first time over the past week and I was so sore the next day! That rarely happens! @jmcbn mentioned that adding starchy veggies to the post-workout mini-meal will help restore muscles. Maybe this would help you too? I feel the same way about stepping away from the treats too. It seems like it's getting harder as the days go on though! Good thing I've got this feed to keep me motivated!

I'm going to a beer&bbq festival tomorrow and boy is it gonna be hard to turn down all that yumminess. Hopefully I can find something to eat and won't look like a total weirdo pulling fresh veggies out of my purse!

@KatKat I know, right?! Once we hit day 20, I feel like it's going to be a breeze. That tiger blood can kick in any day now....

13 minutes ago, Jeanster47 said:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is more tired! Please let us know what you find out about working out. I have also found that my endurance has been a struggle in this past week. When I run 4 miles, a distance that usually feels pretty easy to me, it feels like I'm running 12! I also did some weights for the first time over the past week and I was so sore the next day! That rarely happens! 

@Jeanster47 - I've been so so so fricking sore from working out! Despite my post workout meal being sweet potatos and either turkey patties or eggs.  @MargaretAM I've also noticed a decrease in the amount I'm lifting on my major lifts (squat, deadlift, bench primarily).

NSV: I haven't had to toss any veggies in a few weeks and have actually under-shopped.  I'm eating more veggies then ever!  I'm really enjoying meal planning and trying new recipes.

Struggle: cravings are still through the roof.  There is no way I'll be past this come day 30 (10 days away for me!).  My spouse is sitting beside me eating chips and salsa as we speak and it's quite devastating (lol).  But I have cut back on using fruit to cope.  

Archived