Background: March 2016 I traveled to Ecuador and came back with a nasty stomach bug (nausea with diarrhea for ~1 week). The diarrhea led to an anal fissure. Ever since, I've had digestive problems that I didn't have prior to the stomach bug, including a dairy intolerance, and cramping, bloating, and constipation.

I started a W30 on the same day as a round of cipro (3x/day for 5 days) + flagyl (2x/day for 10 days) in January. I know antibiotics while on W30 isn't ideal, but it was the course I chose in an attempt to find relief. The idea was that the bug was still living in my gut, and I wanted to decrease the amount of inflammatory foods I was eating while my stomach recovered. I ate a loosely paleo-based prior to starting W30 due to digestive problems, but had treats a few times a week and was less strict if eating out at restaurants. No bloating or abdominal discomfort since starting W30/antibiotics. I have been taking high quality probiotics for the last 2 months or so. Had diarrhea/loose stools for ~2 weeks during/after the antibiotics, then in the last week the stools became hard to pass and the fissure opened back up. I follow the meal template as closely as possible and drink a lot of water. I was hoping to start re-intro tomorrow but now I'm not so sure. I did pick up some miralax yesterday, as that is what the doctor recommended for the first fissure. Any guidance here?? I don't know what to do food-wise to stop having hard stools or if miralax is my best bet. Also not sure if I should start re-introduction or not. I would just go the slow-roll route, but I would like to finish before an event in a couple of weekends. Any advice would be appreciated at this point as I'm feeling a little discouraged. 

Archived