Valentine's Day... where's the love (or chocolate)!

Nicol

This is my day nine. And it's Valentine's Day. Bummer. I just went in to a fancy store to buy chocolates and things like that for my daughter. And now I met with longing and urges. I know, being the wise woman that I am,  that much of this longing comes from loneliness as I am a  single working mom with a little time for myself and no romantic life currently.   And yes, there is also longing for actual chocolate. Which is what I've been eating a little bit of almost daily for months. And I miss it. I'm going to try to give myself other sensory experiences today that are pleasing...  relaxing, peaceful, sensual.  I am so used to going to food as my almost thoughtless first step towards self care or self love. Is anyone else feeling these things today? 

It's a few days past, but hang in there! Day 10 is when most people quit, so I'm not surprised your having cravings. Times we have ritualized eating are the hardest to fight against, but it's worth it. Mentally review the reasons you're doing this and know that the urges will pass and you will be able to put your foot down to the sugar dragon. 

Also, I suggest try making yourself a Joy List.. things that you think you'll just enjoy doing over the next few months. No requirements or x times/week or whatever. Find new ways to nourish yourself and have self-care that are different from food.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived