Brisket

Ladams

Hello, 

I'm party of a knitting group that gets together once a week at various restaurants. This week we're meeting at Dickey's BBQ. I'm finishing the first week of Whole30. I'm wondering if I can have just the plain brisket. Thoughts? The ingredient list for their foods is attatched. The lists contains all the ingredients for their food, not just allergens. 

Thanks! 

dickeys Allergens-3.pdf

• Moderators

Sounds fun.

That's a 14 page document that I"m not going to read through... it looks like the brisket is fine, altho they don't say what it's cooked in/rubbed with and I've never heard of any bbq place making their brisket without seasoning so I"d call and ask them because it seems strange... if it IS just meat, then that's fine.

For the rest, make sure you're familiar with the rules as well as the sneaky sugars and common additives (both linked in my signature below) and then as long as the item you're planning on eating doesn't have anything against the rules or listed on either of those sheets, you're fine.

My family wanted to eat at Dickeys last week.  I had a plain giant spud with some ghee and plain chicken that I took in with me.  I know I was missing veggies at that meal but I made up for the veggies at lunch.  that doesn't answer your brisket question, but gives you an option :)

I have eaten at dickies while on a whole 30. IF I remember correctly the only meat that I found I could have was the turkey. At that time and location all the other meats had either soy or sugar. You could call the location where you will be going in advance and ask some questions. Again this was just my experience and could vary by location even of the same chain.

Archived