Does anyone still have aches and pains?

MARTHALEE

I started the Whole30 in hopes of getting rid of my body aches and pains - both muscles and joints, and having more energy.  It was really hard eliminating all that stuff but I was motivated in hopes I would feel better.  So far, I don't feel better.  Are there people out there that got rid of body pains and fatigue doing this?  did you need to go more than 30 days?  anything else to share?  I have Hashimoto's which might be a factor......

Oh and I'm 71 years old - but I refuse to accept that getting older is the cause of aches and pains.

• Moderators

Whether someone else has aches and pains doesn't affect that you do... I know we've discussed that with your hashimotos, you're going to be fighting more of an uphill battle than someone that doesn't have it, which is why comparison is not often useful in these types of situations.  It's also, whether you refuse to accept it or not, a condition of aging as our bodies change... ligaments get tighter, muscles don't recover as quickly, cartilege breaks down... it's not a matter of whether you want to believe it or not, it's the fact of aging... 

Have you finished your Whole30? It's possible as other moderators have mentioned that you will need more time due to your own personal context.

Hi Marthalee. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's and Fibromyalgia.  I understand everyone's journey is different but wanted to share I started a Whole60 on January 1. I am on day 48 today and I am seeing some difference in pain and energy. My pain isn't completely gone but it is better. I haven't experienced the Tiger blood but I do have a little more energy some days.  I didn't notice much difference until about day 40. Maybe as was mentioned you might want to consider extending your Whole30? Maybe your body just needs a little more healing time to get the results you are looking for? I know it is hard to keep going when you just want to feel better but you have made it this far. Continuing will be a lot easier than stopping and starting again. Good luck!!!

9 hours ago, Artemis22 said:

Hi Marthalee. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's and Fibromyalgia.  I understand everyone's journey is different but wanted to share I started a Whole60 on January 1. I am on day 48 today and I am seeing some difference in pain and energy. My pain isn't completely gone but it is better. I haven't experienced the Tiger blood but I do have a little more energy some days.  I didn't notice much difference until about day 40. Maybe as was mentioned you might want to consider extending your Whole30? Maybe your body just needs a little more healing time to get the results you are looking for? I know it is hard to keep going when you just want to feel better but you have made it this far. Continuing will be a lot easier than stopping and starting again. Good luck!!!

Thank you!  Good to know and good advice.  I think I will stay on a modified while 30 for awhile.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

Whether someone else has aches and pains doesn't affect that you do... I know we've discussed that with your hashimotos, you're going to be fighting more of an uphill battle than someone that doesn't have it, which is why comparison is not often useful in these types of situations.  It's also, whether you refuse to accept it or not, a condition of aging as our bodies change... ligaments get tighter, muscles don't recover as quickly, cartilege breaks down... it's not a matter of whether you want to believe it or not, it's the fact of aging... 

Have you finished your Whole30? It's possible as other moderators have mentioned that you will need more time due to your own personal context.

I consider myself a young 71 and think it is possible to feel better.  This is before I started the Whole30.

IMG_0269.JPG

You are beautiful! I love your attitude. Are you exercising? I know I feel better when I move. I'm getting started with my first Whole 30 this Thursday. I'm betting I'll need more than 30 days, too, but so what? I want to do this so I can feel better. Hugs!!!

Archived