Day 1

Breakfast

• Plantain fried in coconut oil
  • One egg fried in coconut oil
  • Half an avocado
  • Ginger Turmeric Tea, 4 oz black coffee

Lunch

• Mini leftover of baba ghanoush and grilled chicken
  • 2 or 3 handfuls of french green beans roasted with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, cajun
  • Raw snap peas
  • 2 slices of Applegate's Herb Turkey Breast 

Dinner

• Burger wrapped in lettuce w/ tomato, mustard, and Louisiana Hot Sauce + bacon

Late Night

• Banana Bread Lara Bar
  • Chamomile Tea 

Not the healthiest choices today with the burger and bacon but still complaint. And said no to warm soft bread and ice cream! Woo hoo! Aiming to add more veggies and also not have the late night lara bar. Super bloated and gassy after the eggplant from baba ghanoush. 

DAY 1 DONE - 89 MORE TO GO! 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  How exciting!  Try adding more protein to your M1 to set up you up for a good day.  If eggs are your only source of protein, you should eat as many as you can hold in one hand - usually 3 or 4 for a woman.  I find if I don't eat enough at M1, I have the hungries all day long.

Oh and I don't believe the Applegate turkey breast is compliant.  I looked online and these are the ingredients listed.  The carrageenan is a nasty gut disruptor and not allowed on the W30. 

Ingredients:

Organic Turkey Breast, Water. Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Salt, Carrageenan (From Seaweed), Organic Spices, Organic Parsley.

6 hours ago, JulieP757 said:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  How exciting!  Try adding more protein to your M1 to set up you up for a good day.  If eggs are your only source of protein, you should eat as many as you can hold in one hand - usually 3 or 4 for a woman.  I find if I don't eat enough at M1, I have the hungries all day long.

Oh and I don't believe the Applegate turkey breast is compliant.  I looked online and these are the ingredients listed.  The carrageenan is a nasty gut disruptor and not allowed on the W30. 

Ingredients:

Organic Turkey Breast, Water. Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Salt, Carrageenan (From Seaweed), Organic Spices, Organic Parsley.

Oh bummer! Thanks for letting me know about Applegate! 

Day 2

Breakfast

• 2 scrambled eggs and spinach and salsa
  • Coconut water, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry smoothie

Mid-Morning 

• Black Coffee

Lunch

• Shredded chicken with salsa verde
  • Roasted veggies
  • Coconut Water
  • Almond Butter packet

Workout: Chest/Tri, Boot Camp Cardio Class

Dinner

• Balsamic-garlic glazed chicken breast
  • Half a sweet potato
  • Roasted veggies
  • Blueberry Lara Bar

Late Night

• Ginger-Turmeric tea with lemon juice squeezed in

Randomly fell asleep after my large dinner for about 30 minutes- probably from the carbs? Definitely need to up my lunch before a workout like that. I know smoothies aren't preferred - just had coconut water that was going to go bad tomorrow and wanted to use it in a creative way. Feel good about what I ate today. Still feeling a bit bloated particularly in my legs/thighs - possibly from running this weekend? And tomorrow's goal: don't eat a lara bar!

DAY 2 DONE - 88 MORE TO GO!

15 minutes ago, iluvmykids86 said:

Congrats on your wedding!! I am getting married this year as well but not until October. Are you doing the Whole 30 by yourself or is your fiance doing it with you??? Are you also working out? If so what kind of exercise program are you doing??

Congratulations to you as well!!! 

I'm doing the Whole 30 by myself! My fiancé is only cutting out sugar in the form of candy bars and milkshakes for right now haha, but he's in awesome shape no matter what he eats. I don't have a strict exercise program. A few months ago I start lifted weights on average 2-3 times a week: chest-tri, back-bi, legs + abs with a bit of cardio here in there. I've upped my workouts now to about 5 times a week now and still keep that weight-lifting schedule but also have been adding fun cardio and toning classes at my gym!

I think the most important part with only 3 months until the wedding to go for me is to not be too strict on myself and have fun - even in healthy eating and working out. There's way too many things, especially in this season, to worry or stress about! 

Archived