round 2, day 3, total fail

i am so embarrassed to admit it, but i fell off the wagon.

i'm doing another whole30 and am on day 3. i did my first whole30 in august and was 100% compliant, followed the spirit of the program to a T, and had amazing results (including a flat tummy for the first time in 6 years).

i went way off the rails after round 1 and decided round 2 was just the ticket. i am SHOCKED by how challenging i'm finding it this time around. i stalled for 2 weeks because i just didn't wanna, and now that i have committed, i'm a mess.

tonight i ate a small bowl of homemade, gluten free mac&cheese and a piece of apple pie. i regret it. i'm starting over tomorrow.

where is my positive, self-controlled, deeply passionate former self who, in Round 1, was a whole30 poster child? can't find her anywhere.......and i feel doomed and depressed.

Hi Jennycash,

i'm sorry to hear you had a terrible day. It sucks when you know how awesome you will feel in just a few days, that you just get impatient for the reults, and give in to temptations.

I think you might be creating too much stress around this whole30. Round1 you weren't sure what you might experience, and whether or not you'd have good results, or even experience anything. But since you did have a fantastic round 1, you're now expecting that to happen now. You might need to take a step back, and stress less about how good you were last round, and just concentrate on this round. I'm sure your cortisol levels, would be playing a part in the binge eat tonight.

Don't give up, just start again tomorro with a new view on it. And try not to take it all so seriously :) have fun with it.

Good advice from Ra_k_, but I understand it can be easier said that done. I am starting (again!) a W30 after a couple of bungled attempts when the sugar/refined carbs seem more attractive that sticking to it. I was even struggling today on Day 1 (made it through - but it was tough!). I can go for weeks at a time with no sugar/refined carbs with ease and feel great, but as soon as I get cocky and have a small amount, I am gone. I have been in such a bad mood today and even though I know it has been caused by the sugar/refined carbs I have eaten over the past couple of days, it is still a struggle not to go back for me. Happy to buddy up given we are (re)starting at the same to provide support when motivation gets low.

CPB, i'm good at gving advice, but maybe not doing so well taking it. lol. I'm struggling in my second whole30 too :(

I think its working against me. Luckily i'm doing this for 84days. So these first few days will be ok. I haven't had any sugar or anything on the 'no' list. its more i overate on silly things, like too much coconut milk, too much cocoa in my sweet pototoes.

So if you want i'm on only on day 4, so happy to help motivate us all through the next few weeks

Hang in there and just keep trying. There is no shame in a restart. Stay focused on the healthy lifestyle you want and you will get there.

For me personally, any shame I could feel would come from GIVING UP COMPLETELY ON MY GOALS. Not a temporary setback. I did Whole30 #1 in February and it took me a few false starts and then months of off-roading before I finally returned for a successful Whole30 #2 in August. I did much, much better post Whole30 #2, but I just began my 3rd Whole30 this week to get focused again after a surprising few weeks of poor choices. I wasn't proud of my off-roading, but at the same time I knew it was temporary so i didn't beat myself up over it as I would have done (and have done) in the past. I already plan to do Whole30 #4 between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will keep doing rounds of the Whole30 until it becmes habit to eat healthy unprocessed Paleo foods just about all of the time. I am far too stubborn for this program to permanently change my life in 30 days, but I will get there eventually!

P.S. I questioned the strength of my resolve for this Whole30, so I not only announced it here, started a new Whole30 log, and subscribed to the Whole30 daily, but I posted it on FB so others would see...

Archived