The Whole30 Cold?

Corabella

In the beginning, I read several posts from people struggling with cold/flu during their W30 experience. Now I am on Day 3 of an insanely sore throat...just when I'm supposed to be hitting Tiger Blood. :(

Any approved remedies welcome. I'm drowning in herbal tea and warm water with lemon. 

On 2/20/2017 at 10:29 AM, Corabella said:

In the beginning, I read several posts from people struggling with cold/flu during their W30 experience. Now I am on Day 3 of an insanely sore throat...just when I'm supposed to be hitting Tiger Blood. :(

Any approved remedies welcome. I'm drowning in herbal tea and warm water with lemon. 

Tiger Blood usually doesn't show up until about Week 2-3 for most persons. :D My Day 3 was the worse day of my Whole 30 in terms of feeling like crap. I had to take the day off from work cause I felt like death. I slept all day and felt mostly better by Day 5 but the first 2 weeks were very up and down as my body got used to my new eating habits. It wasn't until the second half of my whole 30 that my energy level suddenly spiked and I was suddenly truly feeling great. :) So I recommend lots and lots of sleep and staying on course with regards to your meals. Good luck! 

On 2/20/2017 at 10:29 AM, Corabella said:

p.s. This is the Life AFTER Whole30 thread. You might get more active discussion in the Troubleshooting your Whole30 thread as that's filled with persons who are currently doing a Whole30. http://forum.whole30.com/forum/19-troubleshooting-your-whole30/

• Moderators

A sore throat is definitely not a carb flu thing, it's more likely you've picked up a cold, or maybe if you're prone to seasonal allergies, I know when mine get bad the post-nasal drip often causes my throat to be sore. That said, if it's not going away or it's getting worse, you may want to head to a doctor and get tested for strep, just to be sure that's not what's going on, because if it's strep and it's left untreated it can get really bad.

You can look for Throat Coat tea (there may be other brands make similar blends, but I've seen this one at my grocery store, or you might try a health food store if there's one near you) -- do double check the ingredients on whatever you buy and make sure they haven't added soy or sweeteners to it. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Broth or soup can be soothing as well.

Take it easy, get some rest, and I hope you feel better soon.

Archived