Starting March 1st

Taylor C.

Jep I also found out that my bloated stomach refers to garlic. I love garlic but it seems like my body doesn't . But tomorrow is day 30! Yay! So weighing on day 31 - Friday I will celebrate day 30 with swimming in the morning, Nordic walking in the afternoon and horseback riding in the evening. What are your plans?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy day 30!  Wow, what seemed so onerous the week before day one, has somehow turned into an easy, and enjoyable weekly meal planning event.  Throughout the month I have been wishing it was summer in Canada so I could be gathering the increased veggies from my garden.  Store bought is just not the same some times.  I have signed up with a local CSA as my garden is small and holds limited veggies.  Looking forward to the up coming months of finding a happy mix of Whole30 and wine.....  Congratulations to all of those who not only finished the Whole30 but even took the time to sign up and try it.  I am starting my reintroduction tomorrow with gluten free pasta and tomato meat sauce, with a nice light red.  Thank you to all of you who posted and got me through those tough days.  

garden.jpg

Day 30!!!!  I got a very pleasant surprise this morning when my 2 coworkers who have done Whole30 before and encouraged me and gave me lots of advice on it surprised me by letting the rest of the office know and brought in compliant food to celebrate.  Definitely good to get that kind of encouragement and postive reinforcement.  3 people in my department have done it in the past and one of them has convinced myself and 4 other people to try it as well.  

Day 31! Reintroduction yay.

So I decided to skip legumes due to the fact thay I don't eat them enough or like ever to worry about them. So I tried non-gluten grains this morning, oats. It seems to be okay, I definitely feel a bit more bloated but I also have my period so hard to tell. My body doesn't really like breakfast before 9 anyways so hopefully it doesn't effect me but if it does I hope I'll know sooner rather than later. 

Congratulations everyone, we did it!

I did it! I did accidentally make some mistakes, but they were all accidents and very, very small amounts of non compliant foods so I am proud of myself! I haven't noticed a massive change, maybe a little clearer mentally on some days? Although today I am feeling super tired and sluggish so not sure what that is about. I have reintroduced a few new things, with no major changes yet. 

• Moderators

Congratulations to all!  You did it!

If you would like to keep going as a group during introductions, we request that you please create a thread over in Post Whole30 so as not to confuse newbies coming along who wonder why you're eating bean dip on corn tortillas ;)

@neelyerin curried shepherd's pie sounds delish! Recipe?

@moosegirl I <3 leftovers! Except seafood...doesn't keep well. Otherwise leftovers keep me from cooking and doing dishes....again!  

Day 31. Down 12 lbs.  four nights straight without Zantac and now reflux! Woohoo

i feel so good. Added stevia to my coffee and had wine with dinner. Otherwise I don't crave anything so I am taking the long reintro route and waiting until something is worth it. Feel too good to change anything else now. 

8 hours ago, Mountain Girl said:

@neelyerin curried shepherd's pie sounds delish! Recipe?

Here it is!  http://soletshangout.com/curried-shepherds-pie-with-sweet-potato-mash-gluten-free-grain-free-paleo/ 

We subbed roasted butternut squash for the pumpkin (I couldn't find any),  frozen broccoli for the peas, fresh ginger for the ground ginger and chicken broth for the beef broth (couldn't find any compliant) .  We actually made this recipe twice, once with ground beef and once with ground turkey.  You couldn't even taste a difference.  It is one of our favorite finds!

Congratulations everyone. I found this thread really helpful. Even if I didn't comment , it was encouraging to read what most people were going through. I felt like I didn't pay attention to my body as much as I should have but I noticed I have more energy most days, I think my thighs lost some of the cellulite and I lost 2.9kg. I was scared I wasn't going to lose any weight because I ate a lot of fruits and nuts and skipped some meals, so I am pleasantly surprised. I am starting with the legumes for the reintroduction. I am really glad I did the whole 30 and plan to keep a lot of the lessons learned - The biggest for me was paying attention to the ingredients of things I buy. 

It was a pleasure doing the whole30 with you all. Cheers 

So my scale told me - 5,6 kg! Including my first two week attempt in February I lost since the end of january approximately 12 kg! That's amazing. A lot of people give me compliments and my dad was shocked when I posted a sportspicture today. ( he hasn't seen me since January ) that is really great! I love how thin my face looks now and how fresh my skin is. A big plus is also that I had no pms and no pain during my mens. Absolutely amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all of you! Today is my day 50! How are you all doing with your reintroduction? I feel amazing, my Body now feels really adjusted to the Lifestyle. I lost to sizes in Jeans already but most of all my Skin is glooming and I look fresh and absolutely healthy! And I feel so much happier than before! I hope you all are well in your reintroduction period and you all will find out what caused you so much Troubles in the past and can avoid it in the future!

Archived