Reintroduction tips?

MARTHALEE

I am on Day 29 and trying to plan reintroduction.  Melissa gives examples for a 10 day reintro but it only reintroduces 4 things:

http://whole30.com/step-two-finished/

So I guess if you want to reintroduce everything it will take another month?  I plan to start with wine! ;)

But then there is dairy, non gluten grains, gluten, soy, sugar.  Under dairy, it seems it might be worth it to separate cheese from other dairy.  And so many kinds of legumes and grains - it seems just introducing one or two doesn't cover it.  Advice?

(P.s.  I am not really feeling better, so not sure if this test will work, but am doing it to see if I feel worse after anything.  then I plan to try to stay on the Whole30 longer but maybe keeping a few of the things that didn't bother me.  I'm pretty sure gluten is out....)

• Administrators

You are free to reintroduce as generally or specifically as you want. Obviously the more specific you go, the longer it will take but theoretically the better data you'll get. There's no actual reintro recommendation for sugar, additives or alcohol so the four that she notes are really the big ones.  

We do recommend doing soy and peanut butter separately from other legumes and if you think dairy is an issue, doing whey and casein separately also.

I'm on Day 27 and trying to plan out my reintroduction as well.  I know Melissa says we can tweak it to suit our needs, but I was wondering if it is wise to save gluten for last?  It may sound dumb, but long story short my mother is coming to visit at the end of my reintroduction and she makes the BEST homemade pizza, and I want to test gluten and dairy first so that I know whether or not it would be wise for me to indulge.  I fully intend to go through the entire reintroduction, even if it means a few 'boring' meals with her at home.  I just want to make sure that putting the dairy and gluten reintro as my first two won't skew my results.

• Moderators

Gluten and dairy are the two that are most likely to cause reactions of some kind for people, but you can still do them first if you want to. Do pay attention and allow more than two days between reintroductions if you have a reaction that lasts more than two days. Most reactions still clear up in two days, but if you do notice anything lingering, either physical symptoms or if you find either of those cause you to be moody or depressed, wait until you feel good again before you do your next reintroduction, just so you know for sure what you're reacting to.

Archived