cali1luv87

Help..which version should I do?

Hi all, newbie here. I wanted to get suggestions or feedback from you guys.

I'm doing this program because I'm having major gut issues, I think I might have IBS; I'm going the holistic route to fix that.

Anyways, these last couple of weeks, my body just doesn't really tolerate meat (especially ground turkey) and chicken makes me want to throw up; it makes me feel really bloated and nauseous. IF I do have some, the meat has to be like almost burnt and the chicken has to be REALLY grilled and dry.

I'm OK with eggs and shrimp.

Should I just do the vegetarian version or should I just stick to shrimp and egg recipes? 

Thanks,

Carole

If you are willing to eat eggs and seafood, then the best recommendation is to do the program as written, leaving out the vegetarian 'protein' options such as beans, grains and dairy.

It might get boring if it's only fish and eggs but that's the best way you're going to be able to pinpoint what's going on with your gut and do the reintroductions after the 30 days are over.

4 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If you are willing to eat eggs and seafood, then the best recommendation is to do the program as written, leaving out the vegetarian 'protein' options such as beans, grains and dairy.

It might get boring if it's only fish and eggs but that's the best way you're going to be able to pinpoint what's going on with your gut and do the reintroductions after the 30 days are over.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

I'll echo what everyone else is saying. I've been having gut issues, but I also don't eat meat (including fish). I opted to do the original Whole30  without meat because I suspect beans and/or soy are part of my issue. 16 days in, my gut issues are already diminishing.