March 1, 2017 start date

Prospera

Am loving this !!!...doing a test run before 3/1. Love the recipes in the program and getting creative myself...I've done a nice (grass-fed) ground beef with lots of spinach n mushrooms,  seasoned with fresh garlic and onions...then hit it with a bit of ground cumin, tumeric, red pepper flakes, love n and salt to taste...hmmmm..delish!!! Ground Chicken/ Turkey works beautifully too.

I hadn't even thought about the fact that March 1, 2017 is Ash Wednesday - the start of Lent - but you are right, perhaps that is a good sign!!! I begin my first Whole30 reset on March 1st and am also nervous - I have such high hopes, but am worried about eating non-compliant foods!!! Trying to go basic at first and then build from there!!! Hoping to regain energy, lose some weight and do what I can to avoid carrying on the family history of high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes and dementia!!! Ever since having my children, I have had a sugar addiction - REALLY trying to get rid of the Sugar Dragon!!!!  Thrilled about the support!!!

I'm starting on March 1, 2017, also! And I also hadn't realized that would be Ash Wednesday until reading that above :) I was already bringing a spiritual motivation to this, as I view my body as a temple and a gift from God that is my job to steward. But the lent narrative is also very challenging! Excited to try this with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. So, 8 days into the Whole30 program and I am feeling pretty good! I don't want to jinx things, but this has been easier than I thought. I thought avoiding sugar would be the hardest part, but I haven't missed it much at all. The one thing that I am missing is drinking my hot black tea with half and half each morning and each night. Not thrilled with plain black tea, so I drink a little more black coffee than I have in the past - not so terrible.  I have had a few days of headaches - thought it was lack of caffine, but it may actually be the lack of sugar. The headaches seems to have passed at this point.

I have enjoyed some of the recipes that I have found: Rustice Beef, tomato and cabbage stew; Kalua Pork; Sauage/Veggie Frittata. I have found that preparing and shopping on one day and then doing a large cooking day to have meals ready for the week has made weeknight meals so much quicker and easier.  I really don't feel like I am missing anything. I am totally NOT eating as much as I had been. Definately NO MINDLESS EATING.  I know that the book says that around day 11 is often the 'quit' day, but I am feeling really good about this so far. 

Would love to hear how others who started on March 1st are feeling.

Archived