Grill-less grilled eggplant?

I have a bunch of eggplant to cook- if the weather permitted I would grill them in slices but outdoor cooking is not possible right now. Any ideas? I'm afraid frying would be too greasy. My Google-fu has failed me on this one.

5 minutes ago, Eccentrica said:

I think I'd try roasting in the oven (still in slices) as the next best thing. (Now I want some eggplant!)

I've roasted eggplant in the oven with good results (I like to add a little balsamic towards the end). 

It is also really good stir-fried. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am really late to this conversation, but have you tried a stove-top grill pan? It puts the grill marks on your veg or meat, and is transferable into the oven to finish it. Mine is cast iron and weighs a ton. It makes beautiful eggplant slices.

1 hour ago, ArtFossil said:

I love to grill veggies on my George Forman grill. I wouldn't do a Whole30 without it. @kirkor even took one in his luggage when traveling. :)

The Foreman grill is awesome!

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/32258-whole30-cheapskate-edition/?page=2#comment-353107

especially when you ignore the whole "low fat" "feature" :rolleyes:

i cut out nightshades so no more eggplant for me, but you people are totally making me want a Foreman grill for other veggies now. 

• 2 weeks later...

When cooking proteins I always flip and rotate halfway through. Makes for great grill marks plus the bottom plate tend to cook hotter and make a better char. 

Ill also take a bit of time to char the outside fat of chops or steaks by holding ithe edge against the grill with tongs. 

Also, check out the Primal Palate spice blends! They make great easy rubs for grilling. 

@ArtFossil OMG I love this thing!  I made burgers for the first time ever (My husband is the grill guy) and my kids loved them!  It was so easy.  Made steaks too, and the cleanup is a breeze.  I'm super excited and happy.

The grill pan gets a ton of use in my kitchen!       Especially for steak.   I like mine so rare, a good vet could bring it back to like.  BF?  Notsomuch.   

I do a high heat sear on his steak, then put the grill pan in the oven at 350 to finish cooking.   Pull the pan out, and let it rest on the plate for 5 minutes while I high heat sear mine, without the oven follow up.  Perfectly done to our own liking.

Archived