Started something new February 21st!

erlacher16

So I'm almost through day 2! Did anyone else start yesterday? I'm feeling anxious and excited at the same time. I've done many "diets" in the past and succeeded only to gain the weight back. This time around I'm really looking at it as a lifestyle change. Who else is loving the non-scale victory list? I saw so many things on there besides weight loss that I'd like to accomplish.

Hi! I started Feb 21st too.  More anxious than excited, I think.  I have never gone on diets in the past, only gave up sugar for a while when my hubby went on Atkins his first time.  But my eating habits are pretty terrible.  My normal energy level is low, and I take medication for anxiety (recently stopped medication for depression).  I'd love to be able to be off and stay off my meds, that's one of my main motivations for doing the whole30.  How are you doing now that we're a few days in?

Hey Joan 

I hope you're making out well 4 days in. How has it been? My wife and I start today; yeh.

Is your husband doing it with you?

Good for you coming off your depression medication. Let's hope you can stay with the program and find you're able to drop the anxiety med's too.

I'm trawling through the book and identifying all the reasons for doing the diet. I'm hoping to settle on WHY I'm doing this, the real reason WHY. Not image, not weight, but something more motivational, something I can remind myself of when I'm tempted to give up. Not got there yet but will have it sorted before the weekend is over.

Hi Duncan,

My hubby is doing it too, which is a huge help.  He has never been a big fan of sugar, so while I had the headache and have been dragging around, he hasn't had any bad reactions. That he's mentioned! ;)  I wrote down all my motivations at the start, the book suggested it somewhere, I believe, and it has been helpful to look back at it.  I am craving sugar big time.  But I do not want to be on meds, which keeps it in perspective. 

I have been having achy legs, but I searched the forum and that has popped up several times (I guess I didn't really expect to find it)!  So I need to make sure I'm getting enough potassium/magnesium, if I remember right.

erlacher16:  awoke this morning planning to put away the bathroom scales but my wife had already beaten me to it. It would appear we're on the same wavelength. 

I've never done a diet before, been married 29+ years and never dieted; what's wrong with me?   I'm glad my wife and I are doing this together and I'm excited of the challenge to eat healthily for an extended period of time. Mind you 30 days isn't that long. But I'm mostly excited to experience the physical and mental changes that will occur. AWESOME!

Joan H: glad to hear your husband is joining you in this quest; and yeh he's messing with you, he's just scared to admit it's had an affect on him.

I'm going to firm-up today the PURPOSE for me doing this w30 program. I need to know the WHY behind embarking on this journey so when tough moments arise I have something to spur me on.

Archived