Suggestions for healthy fats at breakfast buffet?

ASK1216

I travel 80-90% for my job.  It's the brutal kind of travel where I can be in a different city every day - airports every day!  Because of this schedule - there is very little opportunity to cook for myself.  I "practiced" for about two weeks prior to my start date so I could anticipate what challenges I might face and did uncover situations I hadn't yet planned for.  I started a week I am at home and so far so good, but I am worried about getting some healthy fats in at breakfast next week when I'm back to traveling.  Right now I'm planning on veggie omelets with appple and almond butter but afraid I might get sick of that.  Hotel buffets rarely have avocado.  I'm not afraid to ask for accommodations, but I'm not exactly sure what to ask for!  Suggestions for other options would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have access to grocery stores? While perhaps not ideal for you, when I've traveled while doing w30 I'd brought along with me (or purchased locally) miniature tins of sliced black olives in mini-tins with pop-top lids (Cento brand makes these and I can easily find them in many stores, and often stores-own brand has the same product for sale, just be sure to read all the labels). On the same note, I'd also bought miniature jars of green olives when on the road. They travel pretty well and are also available in most grocery or bodega type shops.

Good luck!

Archived