LadyMoon79's First Go

LadyMoon79

Day 1:  well....they were right.  3:19pm.  "gee some chips reaaaaalllllly sound good!!"  i don't even eat potato chips that often.  but i followed my if/then plan and texted my buddy and got on the forum.  

other than that it was good.  I'm following the week one meal plan and THANK YOU!!! the food is AMAZE!!!!!  i'm really excited about it!!!  

Day 2: Holy short attention span, batman!!!  I couldn't concentrate on anything!  And i was not at all hungry today.  i had to force myself to eat lunch.  my head feels weird but doesn't hurt at all.  my body feels sluggish and heavy, and i can just feel that its going through changes already.  It's amazing how quickly your body chemistry changes.  my half a cup of coffee with coconut milk this morning was soooo good.  But it made me so so SO jittery.  so i'm going to lay off for now.  or try some decaf or low caf. 

So far the food is amazing.  I had the protein salad with the homemade ranch, and the spaghetti squash spaghetti - my two favs so far.  its a LOT of food, so i don't think i'm going to cook at all tomorrow i'm just going to eat my leftovers, and then i'll prep on sunday.  

made it through my first hang out at a friends house.  I thought it was going to be tough.  but they were super respectful and when the host would hand me food he would tell me everything he put in it real quick.  it was awesome.  and staying away from the booze wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. i took some kombucha and a bunch of ingredients for a large salad for everyone.  we all ate whole30 style and everyone totally dug it.  they are pretty health folks anyway so it wasn't really all that far outside their norm. 

the food thing hasn't been too hard these first couple days.  when the changes catch up to my body and i'm hungry again, i know i'll have a different story.  SO, i'm super enjoying the lack of hunger for now.  makes it super easy.  i'd be down for it to last as long as possible!!

Day 3: still not super hungry.  which is RAD.  i wish it would last longer.  

I woke up this morning feeling way tired and groggy and a little hungover, like they said.  my brain was foggy and i don't have a headache, it just feels strange.  and still with the short attention span.  i couldn't even watch my favorite tv show.  it was like i just wasn't even interested at all.  Tomorrow i'll try a book. I felt pretty drained and heavy most of the day, until about 3pm, and then i started feeling way more normal.  then the normalcy vs the heavy drug down feeling changed places in waves.  now i'm getting ready to hit the sack and starting to feel icky again.  still not hungry.  And my burps are weird. lol 

Breakfast:  I had a piece of the leftover frittata probably the equivalent of half a cup with a quarter of an avocado on top and some roasted potatoes with ghee and rosemary. um YUM i wish i was hungry so i could enjoy it more.  but at least it got me to eat a little more.

Lunch: still not hungry so had two hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper and some quick whip guac that i made on the fly 3/4 of an avocado. and some carrot sticks with some of the ranch from the cook book, about a tablespoon or less i would guess.  

then i had some gingerade kombucha to try and help my stomach digest so i can find my appetite. 

Dinner: a bit of the left over spaghetti squash spaghetti from the first night. maybe 3/4 of a cup and a handful of grapes.  i'm stuffed.  and headed to watch a movie before passing out.

i did have a few times when i read things or saw a picture of the cupcake on the Daily 30 email, where i had to scroll past really fast because my mouth started watering. lol and i had trouble reading words like bread and pasta. lol even in the forums.  

So i just did laundry and made some healthy food and tried to stay away.  and didn't give it much thought after that.

I REALLY wish that i would keep this not hungry thing thats going on for the next 30 days.  makes the food part of this pretty easy.  

i took one look at my finance's whiskey and coke tonight and thought, damn it.  and then my very next thought was...its only 30 days, its not even that long.  its going so fast so far.

when i think about this whole30 thing, i think...i'm in sales and jesus our months go by quickly, and then i'm like, "i got this."

Day 4: I slept really really hard last night, my eyes were so heavy this morning.  i felt a little less sluggish but still not 100%.  i went and did restorative yoga and went for a 3 mile walk with my friend and her dog, and went to the grocery.  by the time i was done, i was exhausted and for sure finally got "the headache" everyone talks about.  i came home and made some lunch for tomorrow and was going to start on dinner for tonight and tomorrow, but i was just beat.  So i had left overs for dinner and i'll cook tomorrow for dinner. for now....a movie with my love

Breakfast:  I had a fried egg over leftover roasted potatoes and half a banana.

Lunch:  3 egg omelet with onions tomatos, mushrooms & green peppers, and a tiny bit of fruit.  most of it i saved for breakfast tomorrow

Dinner:  leftover spaghetti squash sketti and a few grapes.  

I still have no appetite, but thinking about eating didn't make me sick today.  so i'm sure soon, i'll be complaining about hunger.  but i'm thankful for every day i'm not hungry :)

day 5: have a hard time waking up, a little cranky but not bad. not much motivation for anything outside whole30. was hungry a little for dinner for the first time. headache this evening. went to accupuncture and am feeling more like mysl=ef in my brain right now.

breakfast:I had a fried egg over leftover roasted potatoes and half a banana.

Lunch: Mexican tuna boats with celery sticks instead of endive and some mixed fruit, about half a cup

Dinner:  no hassel salmon patties (1 1/2) w/tartar from the book, side=squash, broccoli, onion, mushroom sautéed in avocado oil (from whole30book)

not looking forward to being hungry, but i think its coming.  have to get up early tomorrow...we"ll see how it goes.

Day 6:  I had energy today.  it was hard to wake up still.  but once i got to work i was good...so good i even forgot to drink coffee.  we were too busy today for me to notice much about how my body was feeling.  i didn't notice any aches or pains or headache.  I was hungry today, but didn't snack, purely because i didn't have time.  tonight i have a head ache for sure, but it didn't show up until after dinner and it is getting worse as i type this.  I did notice some brain fog at one point today, i don't remember exactly when, but not nearly as much as previous days.

Breakfast: couldn't eat until 930 even though i was up at 630.  This is going to be a common tuesday problem.  had two hard boiled eggs and half an avocado

lunch: left over salmon patties and veggies from last night and tarter sauce

dinner:  the rest of the salmon patties - i worked 12 hours today with about a 20 minute lunch. totally not cooking and a baked potato with salt pepper garlic and onion powder and a little ghee (not recommended) i'll def try and clarify my own butter next time

now i'm stuffed and impatiently waiting for my food to settle so i can go to sleep. 

i'm shocked its been six days already.  it's going really fast and doesn't seem like it.  it totally seems like this is just a life style already.  though i did have a dream that i ate an onion ring last night. lol and while i'm cooking i totally have knee-jerk reaction thoughts of grabbing things i would normally grab to cook with (cheese, parm, etc) and as soon as it pops into my had my stomach drops as if i've already done it. lol #theguiltisreal

Day 7!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE I MADE IT!! WEEK ONE!!!

I had energy, part of the day i felt pretty speedy, super busy at work again so i didn't even have time to feel tired or hungry...though someone dropped off donuts and cookies today, and now i hate them ;) no headache until the evening and then not very bad

Breakfast: fried egg over potatoes, gonna have to find something else quick next week.  i'm not good at dinner for breakfast with an egg :-/

Lunch:  some tuna boats with celery and veggies warmed up - mushies, squash, onions, broccoli

snack - didn't get to eat very much lunch - apple and a few pumpkin seeds

Dinner - pork chop with applesauce on baby spinach. YUM!!

night night - I'M A BOSSSSSSSSS, BTW

Day 8: I am feeling better!  i swear to god, colors are brighter. but dang dude...i wish the not hungry thing would last forever, but its not going to.  today was a little tempting, not bad.  anon outside sales folks trying to foil my whole30.  RAWR!

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on the very last of the spaghetti squash spaghetti - i didn't think i was down with dinner turned to breakfast with an egg...but i'm DOWN.  so good

Lunch: kind of a mish mash of stuff: hard boiled eggs (2), avacado -1/2, mexican tuna shiz (1/2 cup), celery 

Dinner:  final salmon patty, on a bed of baby spinach, tarter sauce and a half of a baked potato.

got suuuuuuuper  tired at about 4 until about 7, now i'm so wide awake at 10, i'm not sure how i'll sleep.  i think i got a glimpse of tiger's blood today, i was talking all fast and stuff...and then i thought, "Dear god, is this my new normal?! i don't know how to be a spazz!"  hopefully i calm back down after a bit. 

my employee was all nonchalantly waiving around a bag of gummy bears in my general direction today while he was talking to me.  i could SMELL them.  and I still made it.

I AM WHOLE30 STRONG!!

Like a BOSS!

On 3/1/2017 at 11:17 PM, LadyMoon79 said:
22 hours ago, LadyMoon79 said:

Ha!!!! Well, if you can walk away from donuts....

lol

are you doing a whole30 right now? Where are you?

and thank you! I really thought I was writing these for myself lol

Haha yes I am! I'm doing my first whole30 right now, on day 5 so you're a bit ahead of me. I live in the Cleveland, OH area. Walking away from donuts is a major feat, I agree. Keep fighting the good fight!

Day 9:  THE APPETITE HAS ARRIVED!! awesome :-/ Today was actually the first day that was challenging at all.  I didn't get home from work until almost 10pm last night, so it took some time to go to sleep.  I only got about 7 hours of sleep (which isn't much for me).  I'd usually be exhausted all day.  i had great energy for most of the day.  extreme headache for a couple of hours at 2.  It was a big day as far as challenges go.  This morning i met a colleague for coffee.  i had a plain americano, which i thought i would hate...it was FAB!!  thank GOD!! then today was employee appreciation day, so i bought my employees lunch.  Lone Star Taqueria.  ugh.  i got them food, and ate my own lunch i brought.  it wasn't so bad.  but, not effortless.  And NO SNACKING at all!  i wanted to, but made it!  Being busy at work helps. We had an amazing week at work this week.  when that happens, i close an hour early and take my team to happy hour.  i've hired some new staff, so i needed to keep my word and work on building the team.  that was hard.  i had lemon water and didn't cave.  but it for sure took effort...though i never felt like i couldn't do it, or i wanted to give up.  sooooooo....WINNING!  

I still feel like the time is going incredibly fast.

Breakfast: Banana, sautéed mushroom and onions with a fried egg, americano

Lunch:  2 hard boiled eggs, and a large avocado. 

Dinner:  (i guess i snacked - ate pistachios while making dinner) open faced burger with portobello cap bun, mayo, spicy mustard, bacon(actually said Whole30 on the package), onion and avocado.  green beans with garlic and cashews. YUM! this was my reward for being so good today.

dude.  today was tough.  i feel like  the weekend is going to be hard, because i'm finally hungry.  but i have some hikes planned, so should be ok. Now enough people know about this journey, that i have too much pride to cave.  In my head i have already completed it successfully, so i think it will be pretty doable.  i feel like for sure that my stomach is much flatter and my engagement ring is almost too big instead of almost too small.  and my clothes are already fitting different.  I'm also thinking about how to live a normal life and eat this way most of the time.  the unknown.  I have no idea what my new normal looks like, but...I don't have to yet.

I've already won...

Because i'm a warrior

and too stubborn to quit.  

Day 10:  THE MONSTER ROARS!!!  And not the sugar Dragon monster...my kill all people anger.  lol.  I've kept it in pretty good check so far, but i'm finally just tired of fighting it.  I seem to be a couple of days behind the time line.  I hiked 9 miles with a couple of girlfriends today, and could tell at first that my body was struggling with energy - this is the first time i've felt like doing anything physical.  the grumpy gus didn't come out until i got home.  tired, sore and hungry = HANGRY Heather.  Don't give my fiancé that nickname...he doesn't need help.  

Breakfast:  Friend Plantains (much sweeter than i thought), fried egg on half a hamburger, 1 piece bacon and avocado on a bed of baby spinach - next time i would still put the mayo and mustard on there.

Lunch: went to Mellow Mushroom and did a "create your own salad" with oil and vinegar - super good.  i love apples in my salad with jalapeños....who woulda thought. and who woulda thought i'd be totally satisfied with oil and vinegar dressing?

Dinner: grilled chicken with s&P, and rosemary and thyme, and sweet potatoes cut like fries and grilled - freaking amazing. we've down the fry thing on the grill with yams, but never sweet potatoes....YUMMY.  (chicken on a bed of baby spinach).

Snack:  i totes snacked after my hike, which i think is completely legit.  and if its not, i'd do it again anyway ;) i had some red grapes, cashews and a hard boiled egg. and a clementine on the hike.

pretty flipping good day man.  i'm less afraid of restaurants and real life.  it is getting more challenging, but i like a challenge, so it is not impossible.  my hiking pants...which i bought to small on purpose (which i do when i get out of control...because its motivation for me to be healthier) actually buttoned when they didn't two weeks ago.  i do feel i have more energy and don't want to just stay home on a saturday.  the energy still ebbs and flows, but mostly flows.  I still had a headache for a little bit today, but not nearly as long, and i think it was because i was hungry.  I spent waaaaay more calories than i normally consume today, and i forgot for a second to take that into account.

All i know is i went to a pizza joint today...PIZZA!!! and I didn't cave, and it wasn't even really that hard.  They also have a GREAT beer selection...and that was ok too.  

still...whole30-ing like a BOSSSSS!!!

do you think at half way we get warrior status??? or just at the end?

#dointhething

#whole30strong

Day 11:  pretty cranky with the fiancé today.  short fuse.  hopefully this doesn't last very long.  other than that, i feel pretty good!  i slept great last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning refreshed.  then i have a couple of hours of drowsiness after breakfast.  like real drowsy.  yesterday  and today.  I love getting up early, it makes the days seem so much longer.  and i got a ton done.  still not very motivated to cook.  but i'm excited about the meal plan for this week, so i'll do it as i go.  that part for sure seems easier to figure out.  totally killing the leftovers. walked hills for another 4 miles today.  felt really good

breakfast: chicken breast and sweet potato fries on a bed of spinach with a fried egg & a clementine

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, leftover green beans 

Snack: after my 4 mile walk: cashews & pumpkin seeds & grapes

Dinner: 3/4 left over burger, bacon - maybe a piece, mayo, mustard, onion, avocado and a fried egg on a bed of spinach and like 5 sweet potato grillers left over

made it through the weekend...ONLY 2 MORE!!  back to work tomorrow.  seems to be easier there for me.  too busy to think about it much.  not really feeling like a boss today, just not very motivated, but proud to have made it another day.  and looking forward to being in a two piece for our Disney cruise in december!!  changing my life style now = no crash diet then.  pretty excited.

#tiredanddown

#stillwhole30strong

10 hours ago, JenHZ said:

have you read about pre and post workout  foods?  I would think your hike would count as a workout.

I will check them out again...you are probably right.  i do breakfast before we leave and then usually its lunch time (or after when we get back)).  i'll check the work out foods - do they have suggestions for specific foods in the book?  i know there is a workout portion of the meal plan pdf.  Or maybe i should check out the athlete thread?  I don't really consider myself an athlete so it never crossed my mind!

Thank you so much for the suggestions!!  That's a great idea!

Day 12:  PSA: This post will contain (TMI)  because i'm keeping for my records and will need to remember this eventually.  

Every day that goes by, i'm like....how is it this many days already?  i was super tired when i woke up, better after breakfast and then complete exhaustion around 10 am again.  so, coffee.  (which i'm not at all trying to give up) lol i only have one cup a day ever.  so i'm keeping it.  my body hasn't figured out how to digest all these veggies as a solid yet, BUT i immediately started going only once every other day at first, and now only once per day. #WINNING. I had an exponential amount of energy this afternoon.  I am going to have to go do yoga or run on lunch in order to function.  which is AWESOME!  

Breakfast:  was tired of eggs: so i had a banana and i also discovered Mixed Nut butter from Trader's today.  at first i was like, wow thats bland, and by the end of my small banana i was like...YUM.  but here also lies my issue for the rest of the day - that's all i had for breakfast.  not enough.  so here i am...the rest of the day...hungry. lesson learned

snack - did 1-1s with my team at a local coffee shop - had a apple larabar because we normally eat while we do this. they are sooooo small!! lol

Lunch:  left over chicken breast, mustard and mayo, avocado (little less than half), on a bed of spinach. and a hard boiled egg

snack: a few cashews and a clementine.  i was starving.  i should have had more veggies at lunch.  i don't think my portions were big enough today. 

Dinner: stuffed pepper - only one.  i was going to have another, but i'm pretty full.  still feels like a small portion size. but they were SO GOOD!!!  

the food in this book...has saved my live.  SAVED it.  Thanks for doing such a great job at putting recipes together for us newbies.  i'm confident in the kitchen - which i never have been before.  and i'm excited about food.  had a little lul over the weekend in excitement. but after these peppers... its back!!

CAN'T Believe its DAY 12!!!!!!!  yes!!! MADE IT!!!!  

#whole30PROUD

Day 13!!! Today was pretty good.  my belly is a little less stable than it has been.  still only went once, but i would think things would be shaking out by now?  not even half way though so i'll wait.  Had a good day energy wise, no motivation at work though, so not high energy by any means. my tummy is bloated.  lots of gas, this could be the part they were talking about in the book on day 9 or whatever.  i seem to be really behind.

Breakfast: BNI day - i have a 7 am meeting.  sooooo....an apple larabar and a banana with mixed nut butter-love this stuff.  weird its not particularly good lol

Lunch: stuffed pepper with 1/2 an avacado.  

snack: hard boiled egg, a few cashews

Dinner: had a salad at a restaurant with oil and vinegar.  it was ok.  i have to learn how to ask what they use to prepared their meats, so i can be confident in ordering things at restaurants besides salad. 

pretty uneventful day.  not much to report. just kind of feel a little blah.  i think the funky stomach had me run down.  i do feel i function well on less sleep 7ish hours, when before there was no way anything was happening before 9 hours of sleep.  

Almost half way yayyyyy!!!!

Day 14!!! TWO WEEKS!!!! wowza!  not too shabby! i'm getting braver, and smarter about eating out.  and I just found out theres a city where i live that has 16 of their 21 dishes that are compliant!!  Hell yeah!!! so excited!! I am feeling better! not tigers blood yet, i don't think...but definitely felt good today.  got a lot done, good things are happening.  i don't even think i had a tired spot today.  woke up before my alarm, felt great.  had time to meditate, shower, cook breakfast -and then realized i had eggs and that was it...so next time...and get to work early even after i stopped at the store for bananas. my ring is looser. totally dig it. 

I CONQUERED CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!! and was brave enough to actually get something cooked off of the menu and not just a salad with vinegar and oil!!!!

Breakfast:  banana with mixed nut butter

Lunch: stuffed pepper and avocado

cashew cookie larabar - eww.  i'll stick with the apple pie ones. those are yum

Dinner:  southwest chicken sandwich no mayo or bun - protein style(wrapped in lettuce) - grilled chicken, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and yellow mustard green salad on the side w/v&o

YUM!  it was so good and totally compliant (to the best of my detective skills).  and i didn't eat my favorite rye bread or eat the cheesecake everyone else ate, or get my fav chicken bellagio - which has 2200 calories anyway.  so. good choices and so proud!

BOMB DIGGITY!!

#whole30strong

DAY 15!!!!! HALF WAY!! pretty decent.  i'm not sure this is tiger's blood.  but i feel pretty good.  a little lacking in the motivation department still, so that's why i think this isn't quite tiger's blood.  lol  i got a head ache after working out today.  but it went away quickly.  my belly is still the same.

Breakfast: left over dinner from last night with a fried egg on top yum

Lunch: last of the stuffed peppers with avocado

Dinner: grilled chicken, avocado, onions, lettuce, mustard and green salad with vinegar and oil

MADE IT!! HALF WAY!! STUD!!!! 

Day 17!! Feel pretty good. Past my bed time so I'll make it quick. I was a culinary genius today. I love that this is teaching me to cook.

Breakfast: roasted russet and sweet potato with rosemary with sautéed veggies(-asparagus, onion & mishroom) on a bed of spinach with a fried egg and avocado

sooooooooo good

lunch: rest of breakfast

snack: larabar- key lime pie

dinner: balsamic sweet potato and Brussels & walnut crusted pork loin on bed of baby spinach 

so flipping good!!! Brussels were crunchy. Yum! 

Made it!!! 

Archived