LadyMoon79's First Go

LadyMoon79

Day 18: Wow.  18!  that's incredible.  i'm learning how to cook...well.  i'm getting faster.  my fiancé is eating some of the food with me and he really likes it.  ( i kind of don't want him to so i can have the left overs :)) I went for a 5 mile hike.  1000 ft elevation gain.  and it felt amazing.  i have only exercised three times since starting this or four.  so my endurance shouldn't be this much better.  i can literally feel my body processing the food into energy more efficiently.  pretty amazing.  i also tried to follow the pre/post work out meal suggestions.  the post=workout meal was a little tough.  so mine had a little fat in it today.  and i did have some fruit with dinner, because....just because.

Breakfast: double baked sweet potato breakfast meal - not too bad.  i will poach the eggs and add them next time instead of putt them in the oven.

pre workout: 1 hard boiled egg & 1/4 of an avocado

post workout: 5 thick pieces of compliant deli turkey, mustard and some left over sweet potatoes.  

(i skipped lunch i think, on accident...no wonder i was hungry) i had two clemintines, a few blackberries and an apple around 330 or 4 and just half a closed hand full of cashews and pumpkin seeds

Dinner: left over last nights supper.  heated in the oven.  yum

everyone is asking when i'm done and when i can drink again.  it gives me anxiety, because my real answer...in my heart of hearts...is never.  not looking forward to it. Sorry guys. 

woah dude.  18. i am doing an interval training app.  i ran/walked 5 miles in an hour today. that's amazing for walking and running.  i was shocked.  it usually takes me over an hour to RUN 6 miles.  and almost an hour to run 5. so i was shocked.  wowza.  i really can feel how more efficient fat is for energy.  now i just have to remember that i'm not in shape, so i have to let my muscles and joints catch up endurance wise to the rest of me!!  what a crazy feeling.  i felt like i could have gone further but my SI joint said, no.

breakfast:  hard boiled egg, and banana with mixed nut butter- i know that's not the best. but damn it was so good.

pre-work out: epic chicken siracha bar and half a handful of cashews with salt

post work out - sweet potato and an egg - the breakfast things from yesterday.  there is bacon in them - after spending 16 days training myself to eat fat, this whole no fat after exercise thing is proving challenging to me.  i'm going to have to plan it better.  this was also my lunch, because my work day is crazy.  i ran on my lunch break, and i don't know how to fit in a fourth meal i guess.  i'll figure my stuff out eventually.  i'm just not sure how to do it. sooooooo...i had a snack.... well. i did.

Snack: coconut cream pie larabar - pretty good actually and a couple of clementines.  well dude.  it is what it is.

dinner: OMG Dinner.  there is a restaurant here that actually has a huge whole30 following.  and it's BOMB!  I told the waiter i was doing it, and he hadn't heard of it.  So, i told him they had a huge following because a lot of their meals are compliant.  so he went and talked to the chefs and they gave him a list of things whole30 compliant.  it was all printed out and everything. WOW!! CHOICES?! choices where i don't have to quiz the poor waiter!!!  hell yeah!!  so i got a baked zuc & "Cheese" *which was made of all cashews* and it was AMAZING.  tomatoes, marinara...all kinds of amazingness.  and i have enough for at least two more meals.  like. woah.  

If you're near salt lake, Zest is the place to go.  they even had kombucha!  Compliant Kombucha!!!!.  i'm in love.  totally

WHOLE30......EFF YEAH.

Day 20!!!!  That's incredible.  it doesn't seem like that long. i was tired today, but a 12 hour day will do that.  I also notice, that even though i'm tired, its a different kind of tired.  i never feel like i just have to do whatever it takes to get through the day. i'm tired, but not over it.  even the 12 hour days don't seem impossible.  

Breakfast: banana and half a larabar

lunch:  left over from last nights dinner. so good

a few cashews 

dinner:  poached salmon with cucumber dill sauce & the last of the twice baked sweet potato with the egg removed - kinda rubbery in the micro.

i'm kind of sad theres only 10 days left, which makes me understand that this will never go away completely and i don't want it to.  i just wish other people didn't care so much about what i am or am not putting in my body.  strange.  

#whole30strong

#wonderwoman

#supergirl

#BA

Day 23: (yesterday) whoops i keep falling asleep before i can post!!!  lol

TIGER'S BLOOD!!!! I didn't think it was going to happen to me.  but it did.  day 21!!!  thank god!!  in the last 4 days i have pushed my body a little too hard, and now i'm exhausted.  but i feel good.  we'll take today off from exercise and i will feel better tomorrow.  it doesn't help that today is my 6th day of work in a row and i don't get a day off until next saturday.  

Breakfast: im so tired i can't even remember what i ate yesterday.  i was compliant.  probably not enough fat.

i ran 3 miles and did 90 minutes of yoga.  

i need a nap.  that will have to wait until 4.

the life of an entrepreneur.

still....TIGER'S BLOOD!!!  

someone asked me yesterday what was the first thing i was going to eat.  and i said, i think i need to get some probiotics or something.  but other than that...i don't want to feel crappy again.  so i'm not in a hurry to add anything.  i'll do it when i'm ready.  my body looks and feels so different already, but i'm not where i want to be, so i guess i'll keep going. #ijustfeltlikerunning

Day 24:  soooooooooo tired today, and my stomach didn't feel good.  at all.  no tigers blood today.  and i took an imodium to help, which i just now realized is not compliant.  but it was a total accident and i'm not starting over.  its a teeny tiny amount.  and was a total accident.  hopefully tomorrow is better.  i wasted this whole 75 degree day feeling like crap. 

breakfast: steak - prime - seasoned with only salt and grilled. YUM with potatoes and eggs - maybe was the cayenne pepper on the potatoes that started the whole stomach thing today.

Lunch; left over shepherds pie

dinner: left over shepherds pie and a banana w/mixed nut butter.

i hate that i had something non compliant today.  i was doing sooooooo good.  but if that's the only little bobble.  i'd say i will still call it a success.  

#whole30strong

#6daystosuccess

Day 25:  well...at least i know what my sundays are going to look like.   wake, read, meditate, run, meal plan...shop....for hours, cook.  three health food stores so i don't have to pay a million dollars for groceries.  can't there just be 1 with all the cheap prices?  i felt great all day.  lots of energy, letting my body recover from the 20+ miles and yoga this week.  my head hurts now though.  my forehead.  not sure why.  bought some probiotics today to help with my digestive system.  need to firm that up, yo.

Breakfast.  i made chia pudding!!  i love it and found a whole 30 compliant recipe this morning.  soooooo good.  cut up some strawberries yum.

Lunch: leftover shepherd's pie, some carrots and ranch, a couple grapes while i was making the protein salad and the best kale chips on the planet - zesty nacho from trader joe's.  yuuuuummmmmmy

dinner: i made a pot roast with carrots and potatoes. from the whole30 book. so so good.  it will be great left over. 

5 more days!!!!  why am i kinda sad about that?  i bought the whole30 cookbook, i plan on keeping as close to this as i can.  gotta start planning my reintroduction.  not excited about that.  

i am excited to see how many inches i lost.  i'm sure i will be happy/shocked at the results.  my clothes fit so much different.  

I feel good!!!

#whole30strong

Dude. Day 26. well how about that?!  i feel fantastic.  my skin looks healthier, i feel stronger.  i feel motivated.  i feel calmer.  I also made an appt to go have my blood drawn on wed.  day 29.  i want to check my cholesterol.  for several years now my HDL (good cholesterol) has been suuuuuuuper hi which is good, but my LDL has also been high ...not as high, but high...which is bad.  although the high good cholesterol makes my ratio good.  so no one knows exactly how much this will effect me in the future.  So I want to see how much this has helped so far.  so, cross your fingers!!!

Breakfast: chia pudding with some banana.  i will add the whole vanilla bean next time - finally found some vanilla powder. and extra cinnamon. 

lunch: protein salad on spinach and some kale chips

pre-workout: handful of nuts - i need more.  

post wo - two deviled eggs because we were headed out the door to dinner. 

Dinner: half steak salad from red rock - minus all non-compliant stuff plus oil and vinegar. 

four more days.

how the hell did that happen?!

day 27:  today i was exhausted.  just drained of energy.  i wonder if i've been eating enough fat.  i ran out of avocados and i was eating them daily.  i don't think my pot roast had a ton of fat in it, and i don't believe the shepherd's pie did either.  and i was SO hungry all day.  even right after i ate meals.  so i'm going to increase the size of the protein serving i'm eating and see what happens.  And I get my blood drawn!!  i'm excited to see how it goes!  i'm eating some grapes right now and then nothing until after the blood draw.  I feel like the probiotics and digestive enzyme i got are working already!

Breakfast.  chia pudding and half of a banana

lunch: pot roast taters and carrots and some kale chips

pre wo - a chomps jalapeño beef stick and a handful of nuts - then i was too tired to run so i decided not to :( whoops

i was still starving when i got home from work at 4 so i ate a banana and mixed nut butter in case i'm not getting enough fat?

dinner - shepherd's pie, a hand full of pumpkin seeds  a couple cashews & grapes

lots of fruit today, which is not my norm, but my body was starving and i'm trying to listen to it.  and yes when i had the banana, i would have eaten the fish steamed broccoli nastiness...it even sounds good now.

Day 28:  when i started this thing, people were like, 30 days?!  thats a really long time, and i said, "to change the rest of your life? i'm in sales and 30 days goes by sooooo fast when your chasing goals and numbers.  30 days is going to be no big deal.  Its only 30 days."  i was right.  doesn't seem like that much time has gone by at all. i do have to admit that the last couple of days, i've been relying on fruit more than normal.  today was because i was at work from 10 am until 9 pm.  and left my house at 8 am to go get my blood drawn.  i'm super stoked about that. i can't wait to compare my results from last year. tiger's blood today for sure.  so yesterday was a not enough sleep and maybe not enough fat in my diet day.  

Breakfast:  couldn't eat until i got to work, so i had a banana with mixed nut butter and some baby carrots and a chomps original flavor jerky (SOOOOOO Good btw, better than the jalapeño) (see?! totally not meal template acceptable, but i can't be perfect at this.

lunch: protein salad on spinach with ranch  and some kale chips

post wo - beef jerky chomps and some more kale chips - i was totally not prepared with food today

dinner: the rest of the protein salad ( i forgot i had a late appointment and that's all i had) there wasn't much left so i had an apple and a few grapes when i got home so i guess thats a snack?

two more days, and i wonder what life will look like after this whole 30 thing.  right now, my business is more successful and seeing better results because i'm more focused, energetic and on top of...everything.  and probably working less and making more money. BOOM. I'm getting more accomplished in a shorter time, working out, reading, running, yogaing and taking care of my soul.  sounds like a pretty perfect life to me.  i struggle with how to live a balanced life and still feel this way without slipping back into old habits.  i'll go look at the reintroduction forum tomo and get some tips.  its causing a little anxiety.  i'm going for a life change here - but i'm still gonna need some pasta once in a while ;) ...or do i?

DAY 29, YO!!!! seems impossible.  my body really feels it when i don't sleep enough and work too much...so apparently this thing doesn't make you superwoman.  #wishitwould

Breakfast:  steak, eggs and spinach. yuuuuuum

lunch leftover pot roast - the best day yet!  next time i'm just going to make it and let it sit for 3 days before eating any of it. so good

dinner:  banana with nut butter and some nuts.  i know its terrible, but i'm exhausted and want to go to bed.  i gotta feel great on day 30?! 

#amiright

#whole30strong

#WARRIOR

DAY 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE WE MADE IT!!!!!  woooooohooooooooooo  we're going to end this whole 30 on the best note possible! i just wrapped up the best week of my career!!!  freaking rad whole30.  freaking rad. totally taking my team out for drinks tomorrow and gonna have a couple myself.  if that.  i'm thinking its not gonna take much.  but damn they deserve it and so do i!!

Breakfast:  left over shepherds pie and two fried eggs on spinach

lunch: two hard boiled eggs - deviled yellow - half an avocado 

pre wo - a couple of bites of beef jerky and some nuts

3 mile run

post wo- rest of beef stick 

dinner - grapes - there was some turbulence on the home front and i didn't get to make dinner like i wanted :( my work out will be tough in the morning.  but its ok.

i made it.  i freaking made it. i feel fantastic, i look freaking fantastic, i'm focused, my business is over the top.  i'm so glad this came to me and i'm so glad i did it.  i will continue with the change for the most part, there are some things i don't miss that i won't re-add.  there are a few things i need to check out.  i'm really really happy.  and really really proud.  i started meditating again.  i'm excited about my day every morning.  i started running again.  i'm back to my normal size and just have a little more to go and some toning, and i'll be in the best shape of my life.  

thank you whole30!!!

#whole30strong

#superwoman

#lifechange

#badass

9 hours ago, LadyMoon79 said:

i made it.  i freaking made it. i feel fantastic, i look freaking fantastic, i'm focused, my business is over the top.  i'm so glad this came to me and i'm so glad i did it.  i will continue with the change for the most part, there are some things i don't miss that i won't re-add.  there are a few things i need to check out.  i'm really really happy.  and really really proud.  i started meditating again.  i'm excited about my day every morning.  i started running again.  i'm back to my normal size and just have a little more to go and some toning, and i'll be in the best shape of my life.  

thank you whole30!!!

#whole30strong

#superwoman

#lifechange

#badass

*cue Queen's "We Are the Champions"* YOU DID IT! Congratulations! :D I can't wait to be where you are, I bet it feels incredible! Definitely enjoy your celebration, you earned it!

Archived