Craving fat

Dreamlet

I'm on day 12 and at the end of the day today I found myself craving fat. 2 hours after dinner I ate 1/2 an avocado with broccoli and green beans tossed in dressing and a handful of pepitas, and now I feel better. I've been adding plenty of fat to my meals and snacks (I'm a new mom, and still nursing my baby, so I understand snacking to be ok), but does this craving suggest I need to add more? I'm honestly getting a little bored with my proteins, and I would be happy to eat veggies and fat for every meal. Maybe it's just day 12 boredom...

• Moderators

It is often recommended that nursing moms need four full meals, and also can have extra fat throughout the day (eating olives, drinking coconut milk), so you might need to add more. It's not likely to hurt you to add more, just pay attention to how you feel.

Food boredom is pretty common at some point in Whole30, so there may be some of that going on too. Maybe try some new recipes -- things where the meat is sort of mixed in and not so noticeable maybe, like soups or stews with protein and lots of vegetables, or these comfort noodles, or pad thai, or something like that.

Archived