Sourcing compliant food in Berlin, Germany?

ywallin

• Moderators

You might google Whole30 Germany or Whole30 Berlin for past discussions on this -- I know we've had some people from Germany around the forum before, but I'm not sure if they're still active or not.

I don't know what it's like over there, but remember that when you read recommendations for organic or grass fed meats, those are just suggestions, and they're also based on the terminology and laws here in the US, which may be different than those in Germany, so you may never find anything with exactly the same wording. As long as the meat doesn't have non-compliant additives like sugar or soy, it's fine to use.

It might be difficult to find compliant wurst, but if you check labels and ingredients at a good butcher you should be able to find prosciutto, chicken, and maybe some leberwurst that meet the criteria.  Otherwise any raw meat from the Metzger or a Farmer's Market should be okay.  I lived in Frankfurt and their were Farmer's Markets everywhere, all week long, I'm sure Berlin has lots too.

Archived