Day 20 no weight loss no difference

To be honest  I did whole 30 to lose weight.  I broke the rule and weighed myself and have lost absolutely nothing and it is already day 20. I don't look any different physically. I feel accomplished that I am following through with this, I haven't cheated once. I think I'm eating too many potatoes and eggs. I work out 2 to 5 times a week, depending on how I feel yet still no weight loss. My skin is also no better. Are there any tips for what I should do? What day do you usually see weight loss? I'm not a skinny or small framed person, so when I see people who are short and skinny losing 15 pounds and I have lost nothing it's confusing. Please help!!

• Moderators

Could you give us a rundown of what you have been eating, with portion sizes based on the meal template?  Are you eating pre- and post-workout meals as needed, in addition to your three meals a day? Are you drinking enough water -- aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz.

The thing about this is, no one can predict whether or how much weight anyone will lose, or how long it might take. Sometimes people who come from a background of restriction or calorie counting gain a little weight at first, but if they continue eating healthy, the weight loss will happen, it just takes a little longer. People who have underlying medical issues may also lose weight more slowly. You can't look at someone else and how much they lose and compare yourself, you just don't know what their background is.

20 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

Could you give us a rundown of what you have been eating, with portion sizes based on the meal template?  Are you eating pre- and post-workout meals as needed, in addition to your three meals a day? Are you drinking enough water -- aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz.

The thing about this is, no one can predict whether or how much weight anyone will lose, or how long it might take. Sometimes people who come from a background of restriction or calorie counting gain a little weight at first, but if they continue eating healthy, the weight loss will happen, it just takes a little longer. People who have underlying medical issues may also lose weight more slowly. You can't look at someone else and how much they lose and compare yourself, you just don't know what their background is.

Thank you so much! Today I woke up late so I kinda combined breakfast at lunch and ate around 1:30. I hate a potatoe with tomatoe sauce and ground beef. I had a cup of green beans, two eggs, a few almonds and an RX bar. Is that too much? I know you should eat 3 separate meals but my sleep schedule is different on the weekends so today I just had a big meal instead of two smaller ones 

Archived