Olive Oil and Oily Skin/Breakouts?

I have not consumed too much olive oil so far in my W30 (R1D13). Last night I made "The Best Chicken You Will..." (http://meljoulwan.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/) and made the Moroccan dipping sauce to go with it. Making the sauce was the most olive oil (1/3 cup) I have used in a recipe for my entire W30!

The chicken was good and I served it cut up over zoodles and pour about 3 Tbsp of the sauce over everything. The thing is, about 2-2.5 hours later, I could feel the grease on my skin building up. I always noticed that I was extra greasy after eating italian food, but attributed it to the high carbohydrate pasta, and occasionally in the past I thought I got a bit oilier after consuming olive oil.

Does anyone else experience this? 

I know olive oil is very healthy and I do not get any additional symptoms other than oiliness and any current pimples feeling a bit inflamed, but I'm wondering if olive oil is a no-go for me. It would be quite strange, because I love olives!

I have been consuming ghee and coconut oil as my cooking fats for all of this W30, and before that, I did most cooking with butter or coconut oil.

Would appreciate any insight!

• 2 weeks later...

I spent my formative years in Greece and actually learned to cook there so I use a lorra lorra olive oil - never had an issue with it.

There is such a thing as an olive pollen allergy, but as with most pollens the symptoms tend to be respiratory/itchy skin.

8 hours ago, jmcbn said:

I spent my formative years in Greece and actually learned to cook there so I use a lorra lorra olive oil - never had an issue with it.

There is such a thing as an olive pollen allergy, but as with most pollens the symptoms tend to be respiratory/itchy skin.

I may look into this and consider doing an elimination of olive oil with my next round of W30. Thank you for the insight here. 

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Try making that exact dish again but use a different oil (avocado oil comes to mind) and see what happens... 

This is a great idea!

In general when I eat greasy food my skin feels greasy afterwards.  One of my favorite pre-whole 30 meals was a British fry-up and I'd always get oily a few hours afterwards.  

Archived