Starting March 6

Triponme

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just committed to starting on March 6th! How are you preparing yourself? I'm nervous and excited. Truthfully, I am a really competitive person by nature and know that this is going to be a big challenge for me. By telling myself I'm not exactly sure if I can do it, I know I'll have to prove it to myself that I can- I have a feeling a lot of self-talk will happen during these 30 days. 

Have you begun by meal planning? Thinking about future events that will conflict with the Whole 30? I am excited to join you all! 

My husband and I are also starting March 6th.  At least I think my husband is on board. I've actually tried out some of the recipes and they aren't as daunting as I thought (I hate cooking). I've got my shopping list and I plan to get everything I need for the week.  Some of the meat may have to be frozen for recipes later in the week, so I need to calendar thawing, etc.  I made sure this month was conflict free.  Otherwise, prep wise, I'm following along with the book and will start food prep Sunday night, including making breakfast the night before. Hope it goes well for everyone!

Hello!! I'm starting March 6th as well! I have never done this before but I am really excited to see how my relationships with food change on this plan.  I'm nervous about finding time to cook and meal plan everything. I'm not a very creative cook, so I'm hoping this forces me to break out of a rut. I'm happy to have the support from others starting on the same day as me. 

Hello! I am starting March 6th as well. Feeling very excited! Admittedly, a little overwhelmed at the idea of going to the grocery store and making sure I read my labels correctly to end up with the right things I need. Happy to have others around me to be excited with and supportive of each other! GO MARCH 6!

I'm starting tomorrow too! I did one years ago and it was great. I will be doing the autoimmune version because I have several autoimmune conditions. 

I am not a big cook either,but last time I just stuck with meat and veggies in different forms. I am a huge fan of stir fries too.

Starting tomorrow, too!  I spent the afternoon making mayo, hard boiling eggs, clarifying butter, roasting a chicken for protein salads and am in the middle of making bone broth.  Lots of work, but it has me feeling confident that I'm ready.

I'm using the meal plan that is in the Whole30 book for my first week and I'm looking forward to getting inspired from other participants for the remainder of the 23 days.

@Booknerd Way to go!! That is awesome that you did all that food prep! I took the easy way out and bought mayo, ghee, and chicken broth. My grocery bill was more than twice as high as it normally is though so I need to figure out how to make all of this myself.  Otherwise I would go broke lol. This may be a stupid question but did you roast the chicken then use those bones for the broth?

That's exactly what I did, @Samalamma! I made good use of the whole bird.

4 minutes ago, Samalamma said:

This may be a stupid question but did you roast the chicken then use those bones for the broth?

You can totally make the mayo and ghee yourself!  I thought it would be much more difficult than what it actually was.  Seriously.  Try it next week. :)

Glad I found this thread! My husband and I start tomorrow too - cleaned out the pantry and fridge together, and already figuring out how we will survive the upcoming social events! 

I love to cook and am really looking forward to some new recipes and how to adapt some favorites to be Whole 30! Clarifying butter as I type - they're right it is very simple and just takes a little planning. Never tried to make my own chicken stock but sounds like that is the way to go so will make that the next experiment!

I started today, so I'm only one day ahead of you all! Best of luck on your first day. It can be challenging but rewarding. This is my second whole30 and I saw amazing results. I decided to do it again so I can get a reset. I needed something to get me in check!

Hi there, starting March 6th here as well! I did my first successful Whole30 exactly a year ago, and it's made a huge difference in the way I live. Drinking my coffee black and batch cooking on Sunday nights are the new normal - and this from someone who needed a metric ton of milk and sugar in her coffee, and whose idea of cooking was putting something in the microwave ;) Over the past few months due to various life stresses I've fallen off the wagon somewhat, and I can't wait to get that tiger blood back. Food has a real emotional hold on me, especially the sugar dragon, and I'd like to conquer that once and for all. Let's do this! :)

Hi, can I join? Husband and I starting our first whole30 today as well. Feeling both excited and a bit like 'what am I doing?'at the same time! 

Great to see people on here who have done the 30 days already and found its improved their ways of eating. As I'm closer to 50 than 40 now I'm hoping this next month will get me into better habits going forward! 

How did everyone's first day go? I was so busy I only ate two meals, but they were delicious. I'd defrosted what I thought was compliant Italian sausage, but it had sugar in it. So I browned up some ground beef and added sauteed squash and zucchini. For dinner I made salmon and tilapia with wilted spinach and dried seaweed.  

Hi! I started yesterday, too, but with almost no prep, so my meals were pretty bleak. I'm shopping for groceries today, and making this soup tonight. I'm really bad about cooking, so I'm hoping that Whole30 will give me some new recipes and ideas for more interesting meals. Does anyone have any go-to's for lunches at work? 

Hi there.. I also started yesterday. This will be my fifth one. :)

30 minutes ago, Bess W said:

Hi! I started yesterday, too, but with almost no prep, so my meals were pretty bleak. I'm shopping for groceries today, and making this soup tonight. I'm really bad about cooking, so I'm hoping that Whole30 will give me some new recipes and ideas for more interesting meals. Does anyone have any go-to's for lunches at work? 

Usually my go to for work is salads. I always have a load of meat (e.g., chicken breast, kahlua pork) on hand and throw it into the salads. I either make my own dressing, but will buy Tessamae's if our store has any in stock.  Today I'm eating leftovers from dinner last night (http://meljoulwan.com/2017/02/15/paleo-tod-mun-chicken-cakes/.. these), which I do a couple times a week. I generally make 2x a recipe if it is something like the chicken patties I made last night, so I have a day or two extras.  I always have baked sweet potatoes on hand in case I am in a hurry I'll just eat grilled meat with some baked sweet potato. 

If you're in the market for a cook book, any of Mel Joulwan's are great. I have all three of them and use each of them a ton while I'm on the program (and after!). 

21 hours ago, Samalamma said:

So far Day 1 went well! Hopefully day 2 is just as easy. I made chicken salad with Primal Kitchen mayo and add it with peppers for lunch. It was so good! Glad I found an easy recipe I love for lunch. 

I had this too for lunch today - it was amazing! And I loved the crunch of the peppers... felt almost like a treat!

Archived