Starting March 6

Triponme

YAY! Congratulations everyone on our on-scale and non-scale victories! I knew we could do it!

I haven't weighed myself in about 10 years, so I'm not sure if I lost weight. My tummy is flatter, and my jeans aren't squeezing me the way they were on day 1, so I'm guessing my body composition has shifted a bit. Other things I have noticed:

• When I was younger (in my 30s and 40s) people used to compliment me all the time on my skin. That hasn't happened for a while - until last week. Three people have spontaneously told me that my skin is so clear and bright. I haven't noticed any changes, but somebody is seeing something. I'll take it!
  • My body is calmer. I am not hungry between meals. After meals my tummy does not yell, "Too full!" or "Still hungry!" I just feel good inside myself.
  • More energy - When I take some time to sit down, I am ready to get up sooner, and do something interesting, fun or productive. 
  • Better sleep. I love sleep. I am waking up less in the night, and falling back to sleep more easily. I think I am probably averaging an extra 30 to 45 minutes per night of good sleep. This seems small, but it adds up - maybe the source of that extra energy!

I am reading the reintroduction chapter of Food Freedom Forever. It's so applicable to what we are all grappling with this week. I'll check in about that on the other thread. (see the link below)

My reintroduction plan is a slow roll. I am looking forward to a glass of wine with my husband this evening. I'll wait until supper time - earlier in the day reintroduction might be frowned upon at work. Congratulations and thank you for the support. Let's keep it going as we start the next phase of this adventure.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you @frogtox and @DaskiMom about moderators and abstainers. I went about 5 years, pretty successfully, as an abstainer on a diet I refer to as the "it's not an option" diet. I didn't eat anything that I knew would make me gain weight. I wanted it all so bad, but I didn't do it.  I also fantasized about a life like in the Matrix, where all anyone could eat was nutritional goo because robots had taken over the earth. It would be miserable but at least there wouldn't be any temptations. It's no way to live. Whole30 seems sustainable for me.  I don't want to go back to the way I was.

For those that are having doughnuts or oats with maple syrup, is that because you've done this before and know what will set you off? I'm going to do the reintro on the very straight and narrow only introducing one at a time since this is my first time. I'm actually not that enthralled with the sugar reintro as I'm finding it hard to come up with sugar I'd like to eat that doesn't involve dairy or gluten.

11 minutes ago, spunky1 said:

For those that are having doughnuts or oats with maple syrup, is that because you've done this before and know what will set you off? I'm going to do the reintro on the very straight and narrow only introducing one at a time since this is my first time. I'm actually not that enthralled with the sugar reintro as I'm finding it hard to come up with sugar I'd like to eat that doesn't involve dairy or gluten.

Last time I did Whole30 I had the same meal at breakfast and didn't really need the syrup because the berries were sweet enough for me. This time I did add a little to enhance the flavor (maybe the berries weren't as ripe?). My thinking: I don't really have a sugar dragon... I can take or leave sweets. And, the syrup is pretty natural, and stuff we distilled down from our own sap so much less harmless than a pile of white sugar. :)

I totally hear you on finding a balance between actually enjoying your life and abstaining from any food that brings you pleasure. Too bad more of the pleasurable things aren't compliant, haha

Remembered to weigh myself this morning - couldn't believe I was 7.5lbs down!  I've been working out the past two weeks too, so I am feeling toned and healthy.  I went back to my eggs and veggies this morning, a doughnut didn't even sound appealing now that I've had my one..I'd call that a huge NSV!

Archived