Allergy/rash after reintroduction

Huanita

I finished Whole30 a week ago, and I went for a week vacation on Saturday, and though on relax a little bit with my eating habits, so I drank beer, and ate some cheese and a few hours later, a rash appeared on the inside of my forearms, on my belly, on the outside of my leg, and I can't think of anything else but this things I ate/drank after a whole month of clean eating. 

Is it possible??

Did this happen to anyone out there??

i'll get back to Whole30 on Thursday, but this left me thinking if now I'm allergic to somethings that I wasn't befor and if there will be a "cure" for that  

thank you

• Moderators

It's definitely possible for food to do that, even if you were never allergic before. It's also possible that if you were somewhere other than home, that there was some kind of environmental allergen -- pollen outside, or if you were in a hotel, whatever detergent they used on the bedding, or if you used the little soaps hotels give you rather than your own usual soap or body wash, even that, or if you were in a pool, the chemicals they use to keep the pool clean. So for now go back to Whole30, and then do careful reintroductions so if you do have a reaction, you're better able to pinpoint exactly what caused it.

I just reintroduced gluten and within two hours this mysterious bruise appeared on my chin. I didn't hit my chin and it doesn't hurt. I don't know what on earth it is — your reaction sounds more typical to food sensitivities. 

IMG_2437.JPG

• 1 year later...

Similar happens to me. The only food allergy I know of is Kiwi (though I will have one once a year, maybe even twice). After W30 I had a beer with a friend, and some other non-W30 approved foods and now my hands have a light but itchy rash. For two days I have a similar one on the roof of my mouth and on my top lip that was reminiscent of a heat rash (and no, I wasn’t out in the sun this whole time).

All I know is, I’m going back on whole 30... cause this food allergy rash stuff isn’t fun, and I don’t want to drop 200$ for an allergy test. 

CCFDA694-2782-4735-96F5-3E7200BE112D.jpeg

It’s gotten worse (image attached). Yeah... Whole30 is about to be come my Whole365. 

I found out that sometimes when you happens is when you stop eating foods that poison you with additives, preservatives or foods you are allergic to for a long period of time, your tolerance for them drops! When you reintroduce those toxins back into your body, you tend to have a stronger reaction to them.  

Moral of the story... Eat clean!

8D724EBE-2275-4BA8-A3EF-23ACD54BD289.jpeg

I’m make this short. 

What worked for me:

100% Pure Tea Tree Oil. You can get it at any Walgreens, Walmart , health food store, etc. 

I put it on 4 times a day for age day so far. And I saw results within 48hrs. So give it a try. 

Tip. If your eat wash your hand with mild soap or just hot water ( not too hot though) rinse with cold , the pat your hands or the area dry, and then reapply the oil.  

Hope this helps some one. It freaked me the heck out!!!

5A2F00CA-EC9C-4B9C-9678-1FBC3F863FAE.jpeg

69F50D6F-9BEF-4DB8-B8B1-E51C2BE47E34.jpeg

Archived