6 hour gap...

NLScheibe

I eat breakfast by 630 am because I have to be up and working out by 530. My lunch at work isn't until 1230pm. I know that we are supposed to be changing our mindset and not snacking, but I can't go that long.

My problem though is I work in the schools. I am not supposed to eat in the classroom or have nuts. As long as I eat carefully and wash up I can get away with a little bit of nuts, but I have no break to leave the classroom and eat. Eating things like raw vegs are not going to be easy to eat because I essentially have to sneak my food.

I realize this sounds like a bunch of excuses, but I really am stuck. I should note too that I started today :)

Help!

Lisa

• Moderators

Put a couple cold meatballs or a chunk of meatloaf or a fritatta muffin in a plastic baggie in your desk.  They're soft, soundless and quick to eat.

Nuts aren't great anyway for myriad reasons so I'd pick something else.

Hardboiled eggs might work but that's got a bit of smell... I once read (and tried) that if you fry an egg over easy, it's good cold like a hardboiled egg but it doesn't stink.  It works!

Try and think of food items you can 'sneak' instead of 'snacks'... it's easier (and better for you) that way.

• Moderators

They're not bad, they're just not the best choice. They are just a poorly balanced fat source as well as often food without brakes for people and can be very gut disruptive, especially when eaten alone.

The recommendation is to limit seeds and nuts... we give a visual of a closed handful every other day, max... 

I eat at 6:30/12:30/6:30. My first week, I did need two snacks (mid morning and mid afternoon). but by week 2, I didn't need them. It was a combo of more substantial meals (basically added an egg to each).  So while no snack ideas for eating on the sly... realize it may not be an issue a week from now.

Archived