I want to end 5 days early

Hello,

I'm on day 25 and have more energy now than I have had in a long time. My plan long term is to stay gluten free and sugar free. I noticed I am addicted to the sugar in watermelon so I put it down.  I used to think I didn't eat sugar until I started this plan. OMg...they put sugar in chicken broth! So, I plan on watching out for sugars in foods as much as I can. I like the way I am eating now. I have no idea if I lost weight. I suppose I'll go on a diet when I'm done. :)

So, here s the reason I want it end 5 days early (please don't beat me up to bad). I want a glass of vodka. I am used to having one after dinner and I have been missing it.  I know I'm just a few days short, but I ant to begin the reintroduction now. Besides the alcohol, is their anything wrong with ending a few days early, besides being a quitter? I really do love the changes I see. My skin is all cleared up from excema. And, I had that to the extreme most of my life. I can honestly say I know how to eat now.

• Moderators

Don't do it man!  You made this amazing commitment to yourself and stuck it out which is a HUGE accomplishment... don't let the vodka ruin that for you!  It'll still be there when you're done... plus, if you want to know what is causing the excema, then you need to do the full 30 days and then systematically reintroduce things and see how it affects you.  

Don't do it! DON"T DO IT!!!  You'll kick yourself when you realize the vodka wasn't that exciting and now you don't have a full accomplishment... the vodka will be there for you when you're done...

Did I mention... DON'T DO IT! ;)

On 3/3/2017 at 8:44 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Don't do it man!  You made this amazing commitment to yourself and stuck it out which is a HUGE accomplishment... don't let the vodka ruin that for you!  It'll still be there when you're done... plus, if you want to know what is causing the excema, then you need to do the full 30 days and then systematically reintroduce things and see how it affects you.  

Don't do it! DON"T DO IT!!!  You'll kick yourself when you realize the vodka wasn't that exciting and now you don't have a full accomplishment... the vodka will be there for you when you're done...

Did I mention... DON'T DO IT! ;)

Okay! So, Wednesday is day 30 and I want to say thank you so much for talking me down from the cliff. Your second paragraph really resonated with me ( and it still does). I appreciate  you so much for the support. My skin is clear, no more bags under the eyes. I sleep at least 7 (mostly 8) hours a night now only waking once. I stay awake all day without feeling like i need a nap. My pants and shirts feel a little looser and I'm learning from my body things like when I'm full , hungry and what fills me up so I say full until the next meal..  I am looking forward the reintroduction Thursday. I can hardly wait to eat a big bowl of black beans :)  Seriously, this has been an amazing experience for me. It's changed the way I look and feel about myself and food. Now on to check out the whole 9. It looks very interesting.

Again, thanks

Many jump right back into wine and alcohol on Day 31. This is a judgment free zone.  However, many wonder why they don't feel any differently and why those old symptoms came right back to their doorstep. Alcohol.  On day 31, alcohol blowback.

Leaky guts, autoimmune disorders, swollen, tender joints.  Knee pain and so on. Alcohol.

Alcohol can disrupt thyroid function in a number of different ways. There are some indications that it may lower peripheral T4 and T3 levels.

In addition, it has a toxic effect on thyroid cells and ethanol is actually used to treat thyroid nodules in some cases. 

Alcohol is very hard on the digestive tract and can also lead to destruction of the gut lining and make leaky gut worse.

Avoid alcohol, especially if you are trying to heal the gut.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Okay! So, Wednesday is day 30 and I want to say thank you so much for talking me down from the cliff. Your second paragraph really resonated with me ( and it still does). I appreciate  you so much for the support. My skin is clear, no more bags under the eyes. I sleep at least 7 (mostly 8) hours a night now only waking once. I stay awake all day without feeling like i need a nap. My pants and shirts feel a little looser and I'm learning from my body things like when I'm full , hungry and what fills me up so I say full until the next meal..  I am looking forward the reintroduction Thursday. I can hardly wait to eat a big bowl of black beans :)  Seriously, this has been an amazing experience for me. It's changed the way I look and feel about myself and food. Now on to check out the whole 9. It looks very interesting.

Again, thanks

Oh Stephen, this just made my day!  Sending a great big congratulations hug!

Archived