6hrs in, extreme nausea

I think it's far to soon to be having any issues, but I slept great last night and felt great this morning, now I suddenly have a crazy headache and I feel like puking. The only thing I did different was instead of a green smoothie, I had an omelette.

Could I be getting sick, or is this actually some sort of sugar withdrawal? I won't go off plan, because I know it won't help my headache (from past experience with attempts at ealthy eating) but it seriously sucks :(

• Moderators

Headaches are pretty standard in the first few days, but nausea isn't really normal -- this article outlines some of the normal, Whole30 related symptoms, and what isn't likely to be related.

I know flu and other viruses are going around this time of year, so if it's getting worse, that's a possibility. Hopefully, though, it was something like hunger or a bit of low blood sugar and you've eaten and feel better now.

1 hour ago, ShannonM816 said:

Headaches are pretty standard in the first few days, but nausea isn't really normal -- this article outlines some of the normal, Whole30 related symptoms, and what isn't likely to be related.

I know flu and other viruses are going around this time of year, so if it's getting worse, that's a possibility. Hopefully, though, it was something like hunger or a bit of low blood sugar and you've eaten and feel better now.

Thanks for the link!!

Not sure what caused the nausea (maybe a psychological thing?) but feel MUCH better after a nap and then dinner. Had salmon with roasted carrots and green beans. You know I never liked any of those, but cooking them myself has made me a believer. Makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on!

Anyhow crisis averted!

Archived