Start Date 3/7/17

brenandal1

Good Afternoon, All!

My name is Brenda, and I'll be starting the Whole30 on March 7, 2017.  I've checked out many Pinterest pages, read two of the books, have tried a few recipes, and so on... I have some minor prep tomorrow, and I'm ready to dive in!

I'm 53 years old, live on the Panhandle of Florida with my husband, two dogs and two cats.  I work part time at a dog grooming shop as the receptionist, scheduler, "keeper of the cookies (dog)", and official chew toy.  I really love spending time with the dogs!  I also have 4 grandchildren, with one on the way.... Definitely need some energy for them!!

My husband Al and I love to ride our Harley as often as we can.  This area has tons of beautiful riding available.

So now... the reason I'm doing this is for me.  I just reached my 10th month of sobriety from alcohol..... and now need to get the sugar dragon off my back!  I want to get healthier, as I also have Multiple Sclerosis.  I'm blessed in that my MS is extremely mild.  I know being overweight, out of shape, no exercise, and pigging out all the time can definitely cause the MS to flare up.  NOT something I want to happen!  SO... a friend began the Whole30, and told me about how wonderful she was feeling!  I began to dig around, and found out it seemed to be something I think I can definitely work with... without too many cravings--as I love fruit as much as I love suggary things!

Therefore.... as I drink my 2d cup of BLACK COFFEE (WAY easier than I ever thought!!), I figured it was time to sign up here, and introduce myself.

Thanks for listening to my rant!

Bren

Hi Brenda, 

Congrats! I started Friday, so day 3 for me. Had a wicked headache this morning. This is my third round (my sugar dragon keeps returning), I'm adding in exercise this time and reading Food Freedom Forever. 

Good luck tomorrow!!

Allison

Hi Brenda!

Good luck on starting whole30. My start date is 3/6/17 so we are starting together. I'm very motivated to do this and can't wait to see the positive changes in my health by making good food choices. You can do it! 

Archived