Whole 30 restaurants in San Francisco?

jwahl09

I'm going to a 4 day conference in SF. Packing and meal prepping like crazy but the hotel only has a fridge! (no microwave).   I'm afraid I'm going to need a hot meal here and there to keep me on track.  

Anyone have a spot in SF they like for whole-30 compliant foods?  A place where I don't have to modify too much or ask too many annoying questions?  

• Moderators

I'm not from there, so no restaurant suggestions, but about the hotel -- have you asked if there's a microwave that you can use, like down in the lobby area? Even if there's not one in your room, they might have one, especially if they do a breakfast thing.  Couldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

I also know we've had someone on the forum who traveled with, I think it was a Foreman grill, or maybe some other type of electric cooking thing, like an electric griddle or electric skillet. That's possibly a little more hardcore Whole30 than most people are able/willing to do, but just a thought.

And in case you haven't seen them, here's a couple of downloads that may have good tips for you: a dining guide, and a travel guide.

I'm not from San Francisco, but it looks like they have a Sweet Green which is my favorite restaurant when I'm doing a Whole 30 because they list all of their ingredients on their website, not just allergen or nutrition information, and they have a lot of compliant options so you don't have to ask a ton of questions. It is salads though, so won't necessarily be a hot meal, but when I traveled to Philadelphia for work, I would have different combinations of Sweet Green salads for lunch and dinner every day and by swapping up the toppings it didn't get old. 

Shannon, thanks for the advice! The hotel is trying to find a microwave and I will have my fingers crossed :)  I packed so many salads and coconut milk yogurts I ran out of room in the minibar fridge,lol!.  The tip sheets you posted were super helpful.  I am heading out to dinner with friends tonight and will try to find a Sweet Green - thanks for the tip TryingOver :)

Archived