Rapid Heart Beat during Reintro

MelindaDee

Hey, everyone! I'm on reintro day 4 and am noticing that any time I have a reintroduction (so far I've only done alcohol and legumes), I wake up from sleep with a rapid heart rate. I can hear my pulse in my ears. I saw a post about this back in 2014 but it didn't have any info. When I did alcohol, I thought maybe I was having a panic attack, since I've had those in the past after a party night although that night I only had two small drinks. Today, I added two types of beans to a hearty salad and had some peanut butter on a banana. I had a 12-hour day so when I came home, I crashed and woke up with a high heart rate. Since the reaction seems to be exactly the same with two different reintros, I'm wondering if it is just something related to the process and the specific foods. I mean, how similar are the effects of 100% Agave Tequila and black beans on the body?

Thanks for sharing any of your similar experiences or insights!

I have had this happen pre whole30 with alcohol. I also just had a fair amount of sugar for the first time during reintroduction and not only felt wired but had rapid heart rate through the night, ugh. I'm not sure about the beans though.

Archived