Trader Joes

mollyv5

I get their ghee, grass fed burgers, chili lime chicken burgers, broccoli slaw, crunchy almond butter, and their cruciferous crunch mixed salad.  I hope this helps :)  If you have a Costco in your area I actually get way more things there than at TJ's and would be happy to share my list with you.

Kerry Gold butter (make your own ghee or clarified butter)! Love those frozen grass fed burgers and chili lime chicken burgers for a super quick meal. Also

• frozen organic chicken breasts
  • frozen vegetables
  • peeled garlic
  • caulifower rice
  • canned marinara sauce 
  • coconut milk
  • terrific selection of nuts
  • best avocados in town
  • other fresh fruit and vegetables 
  • TJ fizzy water in big bottles
  • flowers for the soul

READ the labels on everything, every time. Ingredients can change. 

As ArtFossil said be sure to check ingredients every time you buy an item. I like: canned coconut cream, frozen artichoke hearts, frozen riced cauliflower, fresh riced broccoli, fresh mirepoix, fresh diced onion, fresh shredded cabbage, heirloom carrots, fresh herbs, Japanese sweet potatoes, raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, frozen wild scallops, frozen cooked crab meat, bagged butter lettuce.

Love the Tuscan kale (already chopped, yay!), cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen), individual guacamole packets, salsa, coconut milk and cream.  I've also found their chicken to be on the pricey side but high quality - I don't have to do as much trimming.

I love their dried fruit. The dried peaches and apples are very good. You have to check all the labels though. You can find some that are just the fruit, nothing else. Others have sugar in them. Chomp beef sticks are very good too from there! And their coconut milk and cream is the best price I've seen. 

I just found black garlic at my Trader Joe's. It is amazing. It is great blended into mayo to make a garlic mayo that isn't quite as assertive. I also have added it to marinades for fish or chicken. It is also the only place around me where I can find "broccolini" or baby broccoli. 

On 3/5/2017 at 2:21 PM, mollyv5 said:

Getting ready to start the Whole30 and am working on meal planning. Can anyone give me some of your favorite compliant foods from Trader Joe's? Thanks!

1. Trader Joe's Vanilla Extract; 2. Packaged Tuscany Salad; 3. Canned Coconut milk.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, caTones said:

1. Trader Joe's Vanilla Extract; 2. Packaged Tuscany Salad; 3. Canned Coconut milk.

I don't know about their particular vanilla extract, but most contain alcohol. Definitely always check your labels. Here's what the Can I Have list says: 

Vanilla Extract: No

Honestly, we think this ruling is kind of silly (nobody uses vanilla extract for the buzz), but we must be consistent with the guidelines to avoid confusion. The vast majority of vanilla extracts you can purchase for home use (in-store and online) contain alcohol, and the rest contain sugar alcohols. And, since we ask you to exclude alcohol and all forms of sugar from your Whole30, vanilla extracts are non-compliant. (If you see vanilla extract listed as an ingredient, you can count that product out for your Whole30, too.)

Tip: You can use 100% vanilla bean powder in place of vanilla extract. We use it in a 1:1 ratio in recipes (1 tsp. vanilla extract = 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder).

Archived