2/3 of the way down! The last stretch!

finkthewriter

So, Day 22. I'm confident and nervous at the same time.

Yesterday the Sugar Dragon tried with all its might to get me to cave in. But it did not win! I kept saying to myself "I don't want to start over," "I can't quit when I'm almost done," and "You only have a week and a couple days left."

Eating out is a bit of a challenge. We went to TGI Fridays and I asked a million questions lol. I got grilled salmon and two servings of steamed spinach. (Note: why do they put cheese on everything?? Even the salmon came with Parmesan butter on the menu. And I asked about the spinach and she said that had Parmesan on top of it! It's like a cheese factory! Everything doesn't need something on it but salt and pepper! What the what!!! Okay, rant over.) She was VERY nice with my accommodations and of course I tipped her more than usual. :)

I haven't eaten out that much during the Whole30, just yesterday and a couple days ago when I got a taco salad (no cheese of course!). I rather much cook anyways. I can control how much seasonings and fat go into my foods.

While I'm feeling good about reaching the end, I realize I'm gonna need to continue to fight the sugar dragon. But because I know it's my weakness and I have the tools to guide me, I feel like I have an army right beside me.

Here's to the next 8 days of awesomeness!

Archived