Need advice for weight loss!

Lori

I did my first Whole30 mid-Feb to mid-March, jumped off the wagon (no falling here!) over Spring Break vacation with the family and have been eating mostly Whole30 compliant since then. In retrospect, my first Whole30 had some sneaky contamination I didn't realize and I was eating lots of dried fruit and nuts to help ease away from my sugar addictions.

Since Spring Break, I've cut out the sneaky contaminates and have almost totally eliminated dried fruits and nuts except when used in small amounts to influence a recipe. I've had a few meals that I knew weren't compliant when eating as a guest in someone's home, but that's it in terms of "cheating." Granted, I recently discovered the joy of homemade mayo so that was a new addition to my diet, but I don't think I was going overboard with it.

Today I am beginning a new Whole30 with one specific goal - weight loss. While I appreciate the Whole30 perspective on breaking up with the scale, I know my body feels best when it weighs less than it does right now. I keep seeing people post success stories on here and wonder if I'm doing something that prevents me from joining them.

Over the last few years I've lost about 10 pounds but seem to have plateaued. I have 10 to 15 pounds I'd still like to drop. I am a runner about to ramp up training for a marathon this fall. I find that when I run more I am usually ravenous and I'm not sure how this will work with the Whole30. I was running during my last one but not training so my miles were lower.

Any weight loss tips you have are most welcome!

Thanks,

Lori

Lori, what you really need is a consultation, to help you put together all of the factors involved in weight loss. Training, recovery, sleep, stress AND diet all play a major role, and even if your diet is perfect, other areas of your life may be preventing the weight loss you're hoping to see. For example, your marathon training may be creating so much stress in the body that it will preserve body fat at all costs - and here, you thought all that running was a good thing! (That's not always the case.)

There is no quick and easy answer for weight loss, and diving into all of your factors requires more time than anyone could give you on a message board. I'd recommend you look at our consulting options (http://whole9life.com/personal-consulting) - we have a few folks on the team with vast endurance experience, too.

Hope that helps. Melissa

Archived