Zhuzh It Up - My Autoimmune Whole 30

zhuzhitup

Today is day 1 of my second Whole 30. I did my first one a couple of years ago. It was amazing and yet I didn't stick to this awesome way of eating. Well I'm back and determined to make this a lifestyle. I am doing the autoimmune version so my options are even more restricted than usual. 

Last time I lost 15 pounds in 30 days. I weigh even more now, so we'll see what happens. :) I did yoga this morning and plan on going to the gym tomorrow.

I have several autoimmune issues and problems with my adrenal glands, so eating as clean as possible is really the best way for me. 

I only ended up eating twice today, but I don't plan on making that a habit. For breakfast I made ground beef with sauteed squash and zucchini. Dinner was salmon, tilapia, wilted spinach and dried seaweed. I also made a fresh batch of kombucha. 

Let's do this!

So far so good, but my girlfriend invited me over to her house for lunch on Friday. We take turns making lunch for each other. She's a vegetarian, but we've always been able to find a meal that works for both of us. Last time she came to my house I made a delicious vegetarian red curry with cauliflower rice, but I can't eat that this time since I'm on the autoimmune protocol. I felt bad telling her about all my new restrictions, but her was response was to tell me we'd meet at the store and find something awesome for both of us. I'm off to try and find a good vegetarian AIP recipes.

My meals this week have been repetitive and a tad boring. Ground beef and veggies. Chicken sausages and veggies. Chicken wings and veggies. :D

I am going to do a big cook up for the week on Sunday so I am looking up some awesome recipes to make. Being on the autoimmune protocol definitely makes it a lot harder, but I did it last time, so I know I can do it this time too. I'm going to Costco this weekend to stock up on supplies. I was super excited to pick up this guacamole they carry, but I just remembered it has jalapeno in it. :(

One of the reasons I am redoing the full autoimmune protocol is because I did not properly do my reintroductions last time. Not going to make that mistake this time. 

One week in! I haven't been posting everyday like I thought I would. Today is my first day of school for the new semester. I am definitely preplanning meals so I don't get caught up with nothing to eat. I have been on a sweet potato kick lately. Sweet potato hash, sweet potato fries, baked sweet potatoes. There is definitely a difference in my body already and I am starting to get some tiny twinges of tiger blood. Can't wait for the full thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @zhuzhitup I've been doing AIP for 5 days now and have found some decent recipes. I've done whole 30 before and then to paleo. Dr asked me to do AIP for 30 days so here we go.  There are some great recipes on autoimmune wellness.com.  AIP is certainly more challenging with these new restrictions so wanted to let you know of some decent and not difficult recipes.  Good luck to you.  

Archived