I started February 26th - hello from Germany

Verena

Hi from Germany,

my name is Verena, I live in Frankfurt and am 30 years old. I started the Whole30 journey Feb. 26th and I am now on day 10. I stopped eating candy and "obvious" sugar already at the beginning of the year, to get my sugar cravings under control and mainly to lose some weight. But I ended up eating lots of bread, brezels (we have the best stuff over here), pizza etc. - so not exactly the change I was aiming for. So I decided to start fresh with Whole30.

So far everything is good. I had some bloating/digestion issues but seem to get better now. I already had some dreams, already had them before Whole30 since I love, love, love candy so much. In my last dream I was eating a Ben and Jerrys Cookie Dough and then the batter of a chocolate cake I planned to bake but had to dig in before it was in the oven. Of course I was caught by my boyfriend and totally ashamed. I told him the next morning and we both laughed a lot.

Since I didn't read any books, I didn't know that fruits should be limited. I only read that yesterday when I registered on the forum. I have fruit with almost every breakfast and often also after lunch or dinner. Hope that won't be too bad for my results. Oh and I have the feeling that I am just eating soooo much. I like what I'm cooking - I'm not a recipe person, I just put together what seems a good idea and sometimes get inspiration from Instagram. But without my bread in the morning and pasta or rice with the meal I can eat on and on and on. When I cook only for myself and there should be enough for next day's lunch and maybe even one portion in the freezer I really have to force myself - luckily with my boyfriend around, he eats also a lot and then there is not so much left for me. Is that normal, to be so hungry?

See you around,

Verena

Hi and welcome! I used to live in Frankfurt. Omg I miss bretzen and bratwurst from the street vendors on the Zeil! 

I also really miss carbs especially pasta. I think if you are filling up on veggies you should be fine. I have found adding a starchy veg helps satisfy my hUnger. Hey, it's almost spargel season, you can have lots with new potatoes and clarified butter! Yum.

Archived