Ashley's Whole 30 log

aag3981

Neat!! There is a log on this site! I actually started my whole30 last Tuesday (10/23/12) on a whim after looking over the program on and off for about a week. I have been doing a paleo/primal-ish diet for about 2 months now, but I haven't really been sticking with it like I should. First off, my children revolt at the mere though of not having pizza, popcorn and cookies on Friday night/Movie night. I will let them keep it since primal has been forced on them all other nights of the week. Man do they miss white potatoes! And they have totally caught on to the cauliflower rice and mashed cauliflower. My other issues are my serious sweet tooth and some odd need I have developed to have wine at night. Not a lot, just a glass or 3, but that's some serious empty sugar/calorie intake. I blame it for not being able to see my abs.

Overall, I am in pretty good shape already and don't really expect to see drastic changes from doing this for 30 days. I'm really just looking to get better habits set in place and really paying close attention to how I feel. Not waking up still tired and missing out on that annoying afternoon drag will be amazing! I am going to miss my wine for a month, but I need to drink less anyway. Sooo, not really sure what all info needs to go on here but I won't bore you with meals from day one and two (mainly because I don't really remember... I do remember not cheating though!). Here was my food today.

Breakfast:

Coffee

3 hard boiled eggs with some spicy mustard.

Lunch:

Primal chili dish thingie I made up. Basically a meat chili with butternut squash. Some bell pepper sticks and a pear.

Workout: Crossfit intro class. (Crossfit is too expensive!! LivingSocial hooked me up with 10 classes for $30. Yay! I will never pay $130/mo JUST for cross fit. I like more variety but every now and then it's fun stuff)

Post-workout meal:

More Primal chili thingie I made up.

Dinner:

A primal beef stew I made for dinner on last night. It's beef slow cooked in broth with mushrooms, carrots and turnips over cauliflower "rice".

I'm 5'6" and weigh about 145lbs. My goal is to feel better, stick with this program and remember to log every day! Let me know if I'm eff-ing something up:)

• Moderators

Having some veggies with every meal is important. Your breakfast of three boiled eggs was a good serving of protein. To be ideal, you would have needed some veggies. It's not much, but I often eat dill pickles with boiled eggs. Hey, pickles are a green veggie!

I quit CrossFit because it was too much variety to suit me. The constantly varied functional movement varied too much for my tastes.

More veggies with breakfast... got it. I'll start tomorrow??

Today, my day was spent getting a late start and rushing to assist with my 9 year old's class with their Colonial History Camp at their school. I didn't get a chance to slow down and breathe until 5.

Today's meals-

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and coffee (I was running so late!!)

Lunch: 2 more hard boiled eggs (This is an oddity. I never have this many unless it's Easter. Soooo busy today.) A few pieces of rotisserie chicken, some bell pepper strips and an apple.

Snack: A handful of pistachios.

Dinner: Sirloin steak, jicama fries and asparagus. A banana and a handful of raspberries for dessert. (It was suppose to be a handful of raspberries, but my 6 year old found them.)

Is this a lot of food?? Seems like a lot. I guess I over did it on the fruit today, but man, I love me some fruit. I think I will put it in fitday to see what the calories for the day is. Or am I aloud to do that?

No workout today. Too darn busy. Lots of running around with 9 year olds though. It's all good though, my butt hurts from all those burpees I did yesterday.

I gotta say... I am almost too afraid to say this but I have really been focused and have done really well sticking with the paleo diet. No major sugar cravings. I'm not missing my nightly wine. I don't even want a french fry!! I took the kiddos to get ice cream and it really wasn't difficult to refrain. I mean sure, it looked good (chimichurie, caramel, apple sundae! Heaven!!), but I was completely calm and cool about it. Now mind you, this is only day 4:(.

26 days to go!!!

Tom, Crossfit is varied, but I like yoga and long slow runs and pretend rock climbing (love the workout but hate heights) and weight training and random kick ball game and blah, blah, blah whatever I feel like. Crossfit is great for once a week workout but I like doing lots of stuff. I can't really justify the price of JUST crossfit. My gym doesn't have a Crossfit class and from what I can tell the only places that have them are gyms that charge $20/class to drop in or $100+ a month. It's such a fad right now. I'll wait until it's not so cool :).

Yeah...I'm poor:(

Ok, Saturday's food:

Breakfast:

Frittata with Peppers, olives and jalepenos, a banana and coffee.

Lunch:

Chicken stir fry thingie with chicken, green beans, brocoli and asparagus

Snack:

Smoothie with blueberry, apple, carrot and spiralina

Dinner:

Sirlion steak, jicama fries and asparagus.

Dessert:

Raspberries

Workout today was weight lifting, upper body.

Sunday:

Breakfast:

Eggs with bacon and bell pepper.

Post Workout meal:

Raspberries and a banana with coconut milk.

Afternoon coffee: (I was dragging)

Expresso with 1/2 of coconut milk.

Dinner:

Fried chicken with the breading removed. (I was tricked! Mom invited me over for my nephew's birthday party and supposedly, pork chops were on the menu. Well, that didn't happen. Didn't eat any cake or ice cream though!)

Workout:

Slow 7 mile run. Got a half marathon in December ;)

Monday food log:

Breakfast: Egg frittata thingy from Saturday. Had eggs, olives, peppers and onions. Banana with sun butter.

Lunch: Pork and cauliflower "rice". Apple with sunbutter.

Snack: A hand full of raspberries.

Dinner: Pork baked with apples and pears, salad with greens, peppers, bacon with a homemade mayo dressing.

No workout on Mondays.

I know, I know...Too much fruit:/

Hence my problem with life... It starts going all fast and I don't keep up with stuff I like doing. So I'm gonna try real hard to remember what I've eaten for the last 3 days.

Tues:

Breakfast: More Frittata left over thingie. It had eggs, olive, peppers and onions. Apple with sun butter.

Lunch: 2 small chicken thighs and collards with bacon.

Snack: apple

Dinner: Salmon and cauliflower

Dessert: Pear with coconut manna

Wed:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon with an apple

Lunch: Salad (mixed greens, peppers, carrots, mushroom and turkey breast with olive oil and red wine vinager dressing. Some strawberries and raspberries.

Dinner: Baked chicken, sauteed spinach, green beans and cole slaw.

Dessert: Banana and coconut manna.

Thursday:

Breakfast: last of the egg frittata left over thingie. Apple and sun butter

Lunch: The rest of the salad from Wed. some mini bananas with sun butter

Dinner: Hash with smoked sausage, sweet potato, peppers, turnips and onion.

Dessert: Banana with coconut manna.

So I haven't noticed any major differences in the way I look but I feel pretty good. I rarely get that gross full feeling like I got after eating before since I'm not eating stuff like chicken wings and french fries or donuts. I didn't really eat that stuff before a whole lot anyway but once or twice a week would not be out of the ordinary. I haven't been getting that 3 o'clock slump either. I feel better in the mornings as well since I'm not drinking alcohol before bed. Also, I have noticed on several morning I am waking up before the alarm clock, usually about 20 or 30 minutes before. Now mind you, I'm not getting up, but its something I intend on doing one day.

I don't expect a whole lot of changes in my appearance. I'm in shape mostly but I would like this to lead to a tighter mid section. I have had 2 children and I have not been able to lose this. I would like to plug this information in to myfitnesspal to see the calorie count, but I'll refrain until the whole 30 is done. I expect to continue to eat like this but will allow for special occasions of treats. It's possible that to see the results in my middle, these eating habits will have to stretch beyond 30 days, but I do hope to see some results before that.

Ok, Saturday's food:

Breakfast:

Frittata with Peppers, olives and jalepenos, a banana and coffee.

Lunch:

Chicken stir fry thingie with chicken, green beans, brocoli and asparagus

Snack:

Smoothie with blueberry, apple, carrot and spiralina

Dinner:

Sirlion steak, jicama fries and asparagus.

Dessert:

Raspberries

Workout today was weight lifting, upper body.

Sunday:

Breakfast:

Eggs with bacon and bell pepper.

Post Workout meal:

Raspberries and a banana with coconut milk.

Afternoon coffee: (I was dragging)

Expresso with 1/2 of coconut milk.

Dinner:

Fried chicken with the breading removed. (I was tricked! Mom invited me over for my nephew's birthday party and supposedly, pork chops were on the menu. Well, that didn't happen. Didn't eat any cake or ice cream though!)

Workout:

Slow 7 mile run. Got a half marathon in December ;)

Hi!

Whats the spirulina, and whats it for?

Archived