Confusedly at the finish line

Okidokey artichokey.

So a whole 30 days of whole eating! If you asked me if I would feel this good on day 5-11, I would say you're a lunatic.

I'm slightly terrified to reintroduce foods back into my diet though. I live with my parents, sister, and two brothers, and the ladies of the household just completed the journey. 
I go on a ski trip in 5 days and I'm stuck between wanting to be able to pack a sandwich to put in my pocket on the slopes and not wanting to poop my ski pants because the bad foods make me feel bad.

Today is Tuesday

Wednesday: Legumes (hummus, peanut butter (with no additives!), black/refried beans)

Thursday: Whole30 day

Friday: Non-gluten grains (we make stove top popcorn with olive oil, so I'll be having that, rice, maybe quinoa)

Saturday: Whole30 day

Sunday: glutens....I think.... I would like to see how I react to them to know if I can eat them. It's just so much more convenient when traveling

Monday: Whole30 day (on the slopes)

Tuesday: Whole30 day (on the slopes)

Wednesday: I'll probably have something not compliant.....it's my boyfriend's birthday, so I'm going to take him out for a nice dinner...I JUST DON'T KNOW Y'ALL

Thursday: Last day on the slopes, so I might have a nice cheese plate after we're done with the snow, depending on how I did on Wednesday.

I am torn between wanting to keep eating like this, and feeling bad that I might be inconveniencing my boyf with my dietary needs as we travel on an already expensive trip.

Any advice is welcome and wanted.

Actually on a fast track reintro you'll need TWO days of compliant eating in between each trial, so that will push your entire schedule back - and bear in mind that if any of your trials goes pear shaped you'll need to wait until any symptoms have subsided before resuming the process.

Your boyfirend has a birthday every year, and your Whole30 is about YOU - you need to do what's right for YOU, not him.

Just my tuppence worth!

This is a good point. I guess I was trying to have stuff back in so that I could be eating "normal" by the time we were on vacation. 
I talked to the boyf and he realized that he might be being a little selfish and agreed that he would help me with a slower introduction. 

Last night I had a glass of wine, which officially broke the Whole30 finish line!

I am not going to follow the original schedule that I posted.

Today, I had two pieces of toast with almond butter, banana, and honey on one, and egg, tomato, and avocado on the other. I'll have pasta for lunch and maybe a nice piece of bread for dinner and then it's back to whole 30 eating until probably Saturday. Then I probably won't reintroduce anything while we're on the trip and just wait till I'm back to try with legumes and dairy and non-gluten grains. 

I know the sample schedule says save gluten for last, but this is kind of what I need to do to be able to not die when I'm on the slopes.

I'm also very unopposed to a Whole14 or Whole7 when I get back if I need it.

Eating bread this morning was weird.

Archived