Sure Jen! Though you will definitely have to suffer through hearing about us eating bread and the like.

Yesterday I introduced non-gluten grains. I had rice in the morning, corn tortillas in the afternoon , and corn chips as part of my dinner. I did feel a little nauseated towards the end of the day but I'm not sure that it was the food that caused it. I get nausea from time to time, sometimes even just thinking about something distasteful and it was very brief. I will definitely look out for it though the next time I have nongluten grains to see if it becomes a pattern.

Other than that, I feel exactly the same as I did before reintroduction so I am very happy about that. I don't know what I would do without rice. It's such an easy staple to make and it helps me balance out my meals without a ton of extra cooking.

Saturday I am introducing dairy, and next Tuesday I am introducing gluten grains. I have decided to skip legumes because I hardly ever eat them, and alcohol because I rarely drink.

I'm very excited to be on the last stretch! I feel like I could honestly eat like this for quite some more time, but it's the cooking that I just can't keep up with. It takes so much time to prep, and actually plan out all of my meals. That is the big reason I am even doing reintro. I need to be able to prep more quickly, and have more options when I purchase premade dinner, or go out to eat. 

My plans and up changing and i reintroduced gluten, I.e. bread, tonight via Jimmy John's. I thought it would be so satisfying but it was just meh. It did make me want to eat all the things but other than frying bread in ghee on the stove (we have no power) I don't know what else I could eat right now to just get gluten but no other forbidden food. 

Not sure how I'm going to eat compliant the next two days either with this power outage*, especially since all the grocery stores that lost power will have to dump all their fresh and frozen foods too.

*Michigan is dealing with the largest power outage in its history due to severe wind storms yesterday and it won't be back likely before end of Sunday.

1 hour ago, jenpowell9 said:

Ok now I am confused. I thought this new thread was for those in the Feb 6 group that decided to do 60 days (or something else) instead of reintroduction. 

@jenpowell9  This thread was started for those reintroducing.  I am not reintroducing, but I wanted to stay up with other... just for the journey.  I plan to pop back and forth between the two.  My husband I  are still 100% compliant, but I think the beer may creep in for him on Friday.  

I really wish I wanted the wine, as it is my vice... but so far, I am still not missing it. 

24 minutes ago, Georgina2 said:

My plans and up changing and i reintroduced gluten, I.e. bread, tonight via Jimmy John's. I thought it would be so satisfying but it was just meh. It did make me want to eat all the things but other than frying bread in ghee on the stove (we have no power) I don't know what else I could eat right now to just get gluten but no other forbidden food. 

Not sure how I'm going to eat compliant the next two days either with this power outage*, especially since all the grocery stores that lost power will have to dump all their fresh and frozen foods too.

*Michigan is dealing with the largest power outage in its history due to severe wind storms yesterday and it won't be back likely before end of Sunday.

@Georgina2  Good luck with the power.  Stay safe

44 minutes ago, jenpowell9 said:

Ok, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification! I will watch this one, but I guess the other one will be where people post if they are continuing. It turned out I mostly stayed connected on Facebook, but this has been good too.

I will look for you over there.  I really like the accomplishments I have made and how I am feeling... I want to see what else is in store for being compliant!

Tomorrow is dairy! Woohoo.

Besides the naseau, which I'm still not sure was because of the non-gluten grains, I haven't experienced any other side effects. It will be interesting to see if I can keep feeling good tomorrow. I'm also wondering if part of why I haven't had a bad reaction yet is I'm not going overkill on any of these foods. Maybe part of the key is balancing your meals. Eat the cheese, but not too much, and eat something else too. I definitely use to have days where I basically just ate cheese for a meal. I definitely do not want to go back to that.

I also wanted to say that I am extremely proud of myself. Yesterday I had a really hard day at work. Before I left, I cried for ten minutes at my desk before going home. It wasn't one thing in particular; just the straw that broke the camel's back. I went to Costco after that and I was so excited to get these compliant beef slices, only to find out that they are not sold at the location I was at. I then had to suffer through my roommates shopping while my stomach was growling. All I wanted to do was quit, but I told myself not to, and that I was so close.

I'm really glad I didn't quit, but boy was it hard. Work has been overwhelming, and it's hard not to go back to my old meals. Honestly, it's not even the food I miss, it's not having to cook. I survived on a lot of take-out before Whole30 and it's been exhausting doing all of this cooking, especially lately as I've been averaging ten to eleven hours day. 

I didn't seem to react to the bread yesterday, which is good. I was extremely mentally foggy this morning/ mid day but it's more like that is due to chronic cold and stress and lack of good food than a sandwich. I've been really bad today though, ate pasta and pancakes. The sad thing was neither one was tasty or satisfying, just really disappointing like, 'i missed this?'. I think I will get through this power outage the best I can, and afterwords do a gut reset so I can do a real reintroduction.

We have power back, yay!  On the down side, I definitely reacted to either the gluten or something artificial in that fast food because I have had a very angry GI tract today.

Tomorrow is gluten free grains for me. I had  a reaction to peanut butter. This is my secons whole 30. I did the first one a few years ago and had a terrible gut reaction! My stomach is really sensitive. I think I will try peanut butter again, I know I'm not reintroducing gluten. I have had no joint pain since starting this round of whole30! And I always feel better when I go gluten free, so i'm just going to stay that way!

Had a day full of dairy yesterday. My stomach HATED the greek yogurt I had in the morning. I had a major stomach ache and some bad digestion. On the bright side, I didn't seem to have any negative reactions to the cheese, or milk, except perhaps a little bit of gas, which wasn't really an issue for me.

I was surprised that cheese was okay but the yogurt was truly awful. I'm going to be avoiding it in the future. 

Reintro is definitely taking its toll on me. I'm making up my grocery list at the moment and I'm honestly just dreading going to the store. I'm exhausted from all of the cooking. I'm looking forward to celebratory drinks on Friday, which will be my first official day free after my reintroduction.

I managed to get through my funk. I made a delicious dinner that will last through tomorrow night and made my favorite Whole30 lunch for this week (Beef and plantain casserole).

I also bought a ton of mangos and paleo bacon and bought some delicious bread and crackers that I get to eat on Tuesday. 

I'm still tired but I'm feeling better and I'm really proud of the fact that I have not quit. 

@Carmen Azcona  Congratulations for not giving up!  I am still afraid to start the reintro, so I will continue on to 45.  I would be very interested in your Plantains and Beef Casserole... I guess I can google and see what comes up.  

I agree with you about the artificial sugars.  I think the only use for them is for those that may have diabetes??? 

Thank you @Henderson Team!!!!

I'm not very versed with diabetes, but I hadn't thought about that. 

Also, the recipe for the plantain casserole is here: http://www.balticmaid.com/2013/11/caribbean-plantain-meat-casserole-karibischer-hackfleischauflauf-mit-kochbananen/

Today I reintroduced gluten and it was HORRIBLE! Oh my goodness. I had a muffin this morning, and a short while after I had major stomach pain, and I also felt like I was going to throw up. My entire digestive system was shot.

Unsure if it was the gluten itself or maybe the processed muffin, I ate some crackers. I didn't feel well a little after but it only lasted thirty minutes or so. I then ate bread when I got home and fell asleep. When I woke up I had a stomach ache.

I'm not completely sure if the gluten is the issue, or perhaps it is the heavily processed foods. I'm going to see how I feel the next couple of days, and I think maybe see a doctor. There is a pretty quick test to see if you have Celiac or not. If I do, I know it's gluten. If I don't then I'm going to cross analyze what I ate ingredients wise and continue with a modified whole30 until I figure it out.

the blood test is not definitive for celiac.  also check if it is one you have to eat gluten for it to be  useful.  I know you have to eat gluten for weeks for the  scope diagnosis.

you might try again with  a less gooped up multi  form of gluten.   really plain crackers or matzo would probably work

sorry for the pain

Archived