Day 24 - craving starchy carbs and fat

I'm on day 24 and for the last couple of days I've been craving starchy carbs and fats. Sweet potato, squash, and plantain are the main sources of starchy carbs in my diet and I can't seem to get enough of them. I generally include them in every meal except breakfast. 

Nothing else has changed over the last couple of days: not my workouts, sleep, water intake, or food. Does this craving mean I need more of these things in my diet? I am nursing my baby, and I know that starchy carbs are important for keeping up my supply. I also wondered if this could be hormonal, if my cycle were starting. Does anyone else crave carb/fat at some point in their cycle? 

• Moderators

It's pretty common for women to crave these things about a week or so before their period starts.

Plus, keep in mind that the body is always changing. There could be something different that you're just not realizing or taking into account. Stress levels could be up a little, maybe you picked up a cold, maybe baby is hungrier than usual so your body is needing to produce more milk. If you're hungry, eat. Have bigger meals, have mini meals between meals, whatever you need is fine.

Archived